2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
*Edit: We purchased in 2019.
Hi,sorry to hear about your problems with your car but more especially with FCA. I looked far and wide for a 2017 certified used PAC. to get longer warranty on the new 9-speed tranny for one reason, but for other extend,d warranties as well—giving us more total warr. than buying new. Bo’t in November 2018 and in late Jan. 2019, NHTSA wrote me informing me of a potentially deadly crash dealing w/an accelerator defect and that I should take it to an authorized dealer immediately for correction. The d’ship I took it to called FCA right then as they had heard nothing about the description OR the recall number. Kicker was that FCA had refused to go forward w/Full recall as FCA told the d’ship it may be in the fall before they had a fix for it and for them to tell customer(me!)to just keep driving and be careful. What it was doing was stalling in intersections and any time you slowed to turn, mainly at slow speeds. I refused to drive it like that, and left it with them, having to call Enterprise and rent a car(not a PAC.) They kept our PAC. exactly 30 days—rental bill was approximately $1200, and FCA refused to pay not even one dime of it. I had asked for a loaner car, just an old plug from the used car dept. if needs be—their excuse was they had no clue as to how long it might take to develop a cure. BTW: the car had 16000 miles when we bought it, and ~17500 when we left it with them. I do believe the last part of your question asked “...has anybody had any experience with CHRYSLER’s service....?” I do believe it only fair to tell you that about 5-6 months later, right out of the sky, came a check from the 3rd party rental provider from my Certified Classification that covered our PAC. It paid ~$35/day, less the deductibles. Their service technicians and svc. managers were honestly a great group of guys to work with and to work on your cars. And that $35/day rental reimbursement was truly a welcome sight. But for FCA service policy? And for what they care about our lives and our safety? They really need Ralph Nader back with his hands around THAT wheel. Good luck with your calls on your car. FCA has a fine vehicle here; if they only knew what to do with it!

41 - 41 of 41 Posts