2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this from The customer care team..

Stellantis has now issued an additional trade-in incentive for vehicles affected by the Z11 Recall. Please visit your local dealership for additional information if you are interested in trading your vehicle.
You will receive an email in regards to this incentive however the dealerships should have the incentive information now.

I went to the local Chrysler dealer and they had NO incentive in the system...or any idea what to do with this info.
Called a second dealer..Same thing.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
And I’m also sure that incentive doesn’t quite cover the current msrp pricing , new option pricing , as well as the lack of some options . Will be interesting to see what they do with the people who do a hard pass for this option .

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to a ChryslerCares rep who posted on the Facebook PacHy group, the incentive is an additional $1,000-$2,000 toward the purchase of a new vehicle for those impacted by the Z11 recall.

·
Read Only
34 Posts
I just tried their customer care chat function and was told there is no such incentive, but they are going to have a customer service manager reach out to me in 48-72 business hours....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just did a google search on that number and seeing it show up on some dealer websites:

$2000 - Pacifica Hybrid Owners Incentive
DETAILS:
#39CN4 This program offers eligible consumers a cash allowance coupon to be applied toward the retail purchase (Type Sale 1 or B) or lease (Type Sale L or E) of an eligible vehicle. Customers who are in possession of the original Pacifica Hybrid Owners Incentive coupon are automatically qualified to receive benefit under this program. The coupon is not transferable to anyone outside the original customers household/address. Proof of address and/or immediate family relationships required.
Expires: 06-30-2022

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you provide more details about what you were offered? How are they valuating the trade-in value of your pacifica? Do you mean to say they are adding an additional $2,000 to whatever number they come up with? The fair thing to do of course would to offer you a new car as a trade-in with no additional cost to you :/

·
Registered
183 Posts
You have the option of the fix or the trade in . The trade in is laughable because look at pricing from 17 and up to 21-22 model year ehybrids .
We have a 2020 Limited "S" and when I build-out an exact same spec 2022 Limited "S" the MSRP has increased by more than $5k...and we lose the third sunroof and auto folding mirrors (not sure what else).

So this incentive doesn't even offset the MSRP increase. I suppose it pads their numbers a bit, and of course the $7,500 federal tax credit is still nice.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
You have the option of the fix or the trade in . The trade in is laughable because look at pricing from 17 and up to 21-22 model year ehybrids .
Yeah, I don't find that incentive very incentivizing. I'd much rather have my below average mileage (almost all electric) 2018 with a brand new battery than a being upside down on a 22.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to share the whole email that I received from the customer care team.

As per our telephone conversation, Stellantis will authorize a rental vehicle for you starting today until the recall Z11 and be completed. You will have to arrange for a rental vehicle and Stellantis will reimburse you up to $60.00 per day plus taxes monthly. Stellantis is not able to pay for fuel, insurance or any extras.
The itemized rental invoice is required along with proof of payment, which includes the front and back of a check, bank statement, credit card receipt or statement or if paying cash the cash register receipt.
Stellantis has now issued an additional trade-in incentive for vehicles affected by the Z11 Recall. Please visit your local dealership for additional information if you are interested in trading your vehicle.
You will receive an email in regards to this incentive however the dealerships should have the incentive information now.
I will submit for the $100.00 Gift Card today however I do not know when you receive it. The Gift Card will come to your email.
Thank you for your patience
Nancy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, It's completely embarrassing what they are offering.
I just want a car that works as advertised and that won't burn my family/ property.
I'm willing to have a milage offset on cost.
Really Chrystler, this is NOT a good look! Sheesh!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good to know. We will definitely wait for the new batteries! Thank you.
Unfortunately this is my second time at this rodeo. My 2017 Chevy Bolt had the same LG Battery and I suspect the same hardware issue in that car is what’s going on in the smaller LG battery in my Pacifica Van. Problem is it took LG almost 14 months before battery replacements were available for that car and there are even fewer ev batteries available now which likely will cost Chrystler more, my guess you will not get battery replacement for 12-14 months. And BTW we were not allowed to park our Bolt in any public space due to the fire danger, your car might be tough to park for the next year in a number of places,,,, I hope im wrong about all of this ….

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
The parking of the vehicle is just utter verbal diarrhea , assuming you live or work in a condo , apartment , etc . The letter is nothing more than a verbal utterance advising you that there is potential . Heck there is potential in any spot you park in b cause of the inability to control who parks on all four sides of you . I’d just disregard it and use the vehicle as it’s intended to be used , a cars fuel rail or line could rupture with same results . Same generic letter sent to bolt owners as well .

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,023 Posts
The parking of the vehicle is just utter verbal diarrhea , assuming you live or work in a condo , apartment , etc . The letter is nothing more than a verbal utterance advising you that there is potential . Heck there is potential in any spot you park in b cause of the inability to control who parks on all four sides of you . I’d just disregard it and use the vehicle as it’s intended to be used , a cars fuel rail or line could rupture with same results . Same generic letter sent to bolt owners as well .
It is my understanding that Chrysler issued the letter because of a known fire hazard with certain Pacifica Hybrid models. Those owners should not "just disregard it." Per articles Stellantis Recalls Pacifica Hybrids Over Fire Hazard and Chrysler Pacific Hybrid Fire Recall Sends Owner to Court.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts