2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current incentives combined with the high trade in values make the trade-up attractive. I have a 2019 Limited with the Advanced Safety package I paid a bit over $43k + taxes/fees. My local dealer has a Touring L with S appearance and Safety. I'd prefer another Limited, but they are hard to find and the ordering seems uncertain. I'll give up on a number of features, the one I'll miss the most will be the vented seats.
The TL has a sticker of close to $45k. Their offer is a tad over $35k and trade-in is $30.3k, Carvana's offer is $32.7, however, trading in will save $1800 in the sales taxes.
After the tax credit I will end up with a newer, but lower trim van and some cash. What do you think about this price?

·
Registered
2021 hybrid touring L+S
7 Posts
That price is way lower that what I paid for a 2021 touring L plus S, with Nav, safety tec and theater (rear screens or what have you). Like so much lower than what I paid in my small little mountain town. I’ll prob take my OTD price to the grave now. Still like my van tho, and I didn’t have to drive 5hrs to a larger dealer. But dang, seems like if it has the features you are after...

for me, and our TL purchase vs a limited, the only thing I wonder about is: how much better are those front row seats, and the console with wireless phone charging?

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You shouldn't feel bad as you have the Theater, which is the most expensive option. Also, PacHys are getting more discounted as time passes. When I bought my first one in 2017 I got about $1000 off the sticker including the affiliate discount, and it was considered a good deal.
The console in the 21 TL is the same as in my 19 Limited. I don't know if the 21 Limited console is better, it probably is. I wouldn't miss the wireless charger, as I prefer mounting the phone where it is visible. I combination of a high quality dash attachment and a mount/wireless charger serves me just fine. The Limited also has additional internal and external lights, touch free power doors and power folding mirrors. I'll miss the mirrors, getting into a garage with the mirrors unfolded is nearly impossible.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Don't do it. The vented seats improve the experience more than getting a good price. Hold out for a Limited!

Reactions: White Lightning

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't do it. The vented seats improve the experience more than getting a good price. Hold out for a Limited!
Yes, we spent all breakfast discussing it :) Wife says that we can get by without the vented seats, although they are great, I couldn't agree more. The thing is, I don't know how long the incentives and high trade ins will last....

·
Registered
680 Posts
If your going to buy one buy one that you won’t regret and say “ I should have gotten that option after all “ .
THIS! I have never regretted getitng all the options I wanted nor rued the cost. I have only regretted not getting everything in a vehicle.

Reactions: Minivandadio

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know... I heard that the most frequent regret of car buyers is not getting the options they wanted. The wife doesn't like the idea of the new console in Limited. The old one has a space on the floor where she can put her handbag, a box of Cleenex and there is a handy pocket in from of the cupholders she uses for a sanitizer. Can someone with 21 Pinnacle or Limited comment on it?
The cloth seats are nice, but not with my kids.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I wouldn't go down a trim level just to get a 2021

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I initially bought Limited mainly because it was the only way to get the Advanced Safety package as it was called back then. The 21s all come with ACC and the 360 camera is available on Touring L. My Limited came with Theater, which got some use, but to me it is too much trouble and money. A tablet mounted on the headrest is better. The hand free doors I didn't find particularly useful or reliable. It boils down to the vented seats, folding mirrors and HK stereo- I don't know if it worth over $4000 in price, or even $5000 if you count the S Appearance package that is on the TL I'm considering.
Hard decision, thanks to everyone for contributing.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Just a FYI , leather won’t crack if you condition the seats . Cloth seats become brittle over time as they have no way of conditioning cloth . Seats wear regardless of material it’s just a preference of what you prefer to sit on .

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is all about quality. Hondas had terrible leather 15-20 years ago. No amount of conditioning would prevent cracking.
Back to the topic- one nice thing about Touring L is the steering wheel without that metal band that stays ice cold for 15 minutes in the winter.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ouch, you got me here! The screen size is certainly an upgrade :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Advantages to upgrading:
  • improved crash structure, shown in better passenger small-overlap performance 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan
  • better headlights (yet to be rated by IIHS, but anecdotally better)
  • 2 years more warranty
  • refreshed look, lower trim, and in-warranty-still may have better future resale value
  • the 18" S-package Michelin tires perform the best: Car and Driver Long Term Test
  • new Uconnect
  • anecdotal evidence of refinements in adaptive cruise control smoothness

For Touring L, the mirrors not only fold manually, but their angle setting isn't tied to the driver seat profile. The memory buttons only set the seat position. Maybe it's possible to retrofit the power folding and memory settings for the mirrors, from a Limited?

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I researched retrofitting the power folding mirrors retrofit when they were not available on any Hybrid trim. New mirrors, wiring harnesses and control modules in each door. New combination switch. Body controller reprogramming. I asked a dealership tech about the reprogramming, he flat out refused. AlfaOBD app should be able to program the controller if the secure gateway module is bypassed. To summarize, the retrofit should be doable but would be complex and expensive.

·
Registered
346 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts