2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
157 Posts
I initially bought Limited mainly because it was the only way to get the Advanced Safety package as it was called back then. The 21s all come with ACC and the 360 camera is available on Touring L. My Limited came with Theater, which got some use, but to me it is too much trouble and money. A tablet mounted on the headrest is better. The hand free doors I didn't find particularly useful or reliable. It boils down to the vented seats, folding mirrors and HK stereo- I don't know if it worth over $4000 in price, or even $5000 if you count the S Appearance package that is on the TL I'm considering.
Hard decision, thanks to everyone for contributing.
I totally understand the feeling as I'm in the same situation looking into 2021 models using my 2020 lemon buyback. It's hard to justify almost $5k extra just to get ventilated front seats, power folding mirrors, handsfree doors, wireless phone charger, extra exterior/interior lights and a potentially free sunroof (if lucky to find any left over inventory from early limited build dates when free addon). It seems crazy they want $1600 more for 360 camera plus extras on limited but the package is free in the touring L.
2020 limited with AST was a no-brainer though (it was the old pinnacle), sadly that's no longer the case. I guess FCA got to squeeze more out of us somehow.
Feels like it might be easier to get a better deal on touring L since they seem to have a lot more inventory of the lower trims in 2021. Dealers seem to offloading the limited and pinnacle quite easily so good dealer discounts are much harder to find in IL on those trim levels as well.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I agree, buy the Limited only if it has the free sunroof. In my region, the Limited trims have an extra $1000 rebate over the Touring L and Pinnacle, anyone else see that too?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Adding the cost to what your getting is worth more than 5 grand , the less front and back are worth it combined with new front and back . That new front and back is much more cohesive than the old one . I for one appreciate the riddance of Chrome on pinnacle , as well as a more refined console in terms of actual useable space .

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I like the looks of the new one too, but I wouldn't pay $5k to have it.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring AWD Velvet Red "S"
101 Posts
I got 5k off my AWD Touring.
When I was picking it up, some people were around it, asking if it was for sale.
They loved the cloth interior.
;)

·
Super Moderator
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Gas vans have different pricing structure and discounts. Can't compare the deals.

I also like Pinnacle- seats, no plastic chrome. But I don't want the sunroof- I've had it before on several cars and rarely used it. And the Theater is worthless in this age of tablets. I would be impressed with it 15 years ago, it is outdated by the modern standards.
I'm leaning towards Touring L, the vented seats is the only feature I'd miss, and it's not worth $5k- if I could actually find a van with the right options.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited S Appearance - Feb. 2021 build. California
44 Posts
... and a potentially free sunroof (if lucky to find any left over inventory from early limited build dates when free addon).
my 2021 limited was built 02/21 and had a "free" sunroof. Not sure why everyone keeps saying otherwise like it is a fact. I think some have it "free" and some its an extra "3k"
luck of the draw, I'd guess.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The change seems to be around VIN 520XXX onwards for the Tri-Pane to be an option.

·
Registered
542 Posts
my 2021 limited was built 02/21 and had a "free" sunroof. Not sure why everyone keeps saying otherwise like it is a fact. I think some have it "free" and some its an extra "3k"
luck of the draw, I'd guess.
Is not luck of the draw, it's on the window sticker. It will say in the standard features if it comes with the sunroof (free) or not. If it's in the optional features, it will have a cost of about $3000. There may be a correlation of standard 18" wheels and free sunroof and 17" wheels and no free sunroof on the 21 Limiteds.

·
Super Moderator
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I also noticed that. It is not entirely free, the base price was $45370 vs $45845. The sunroof was $475- still a lot more reasonable than $3000.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited S Appearance - Feb. 2021 build. California
44 Posts
The change seems to be around VIN 520XXX onwards for the Tri-Pane to be an option.
mine is 540xxx and it was not an extra option. it was included.

Is not luck of the draw, it's on the window sticker. It will say in the standard features if it comes with the sunroof (free) or not. If it's in the optional features, it will have a cost of about $3000. There may be a correlation of standard 18" wheels and free sunroof and 17" wheels and no free sunroof on the 21 Limiteds.
Here's my window sticker. It's under standard equipment. I don't really care to argue too much, but want people to know they might find one without the $3k up-charge. I believe I read all limiteds come with 18" wheels.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yes, there isn't an absolute - but if you are pre 520XXX your chances are very good that the build has the Tri-Pane included as standard.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Here's my window sticker. It's under standard equipment. I don't really care to argue too much, but want people to know they might find one without the $3k up-charge. I believe I read all limiteds come with 18" wheels.

View attachment 46163
Yes, your window sticker is exactly like I described about the free sunroof listed under Standard equipment and 18" wheels under Exterior features. There are 21 Limiteds out there that has 17" wheels under Exterior features and you won't see the sunroof listed under Standard equipment. You can tell 17" from 18" wheels from the wheel design.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
30 Posts
I just traded a 2020 PacHy Limited for a 2021 PacHy Limited. The 2021 is exactly as described above, pano sunroof listed as standard equipment, 18" polished wheels standard, base price $45,845.
With 2EP package and destination charge it totaled at $49,835. They offered me more on my 2020 than I owed and with the added discounts and could not pass it up. Already making plans to do this next year if I can get the same results.

·
Super Moderator
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I found several of the "old build" Limited in the surrounding states. It seems that the reason they remain unsold is that the dealers that have them are stingy with their pricing or scammy with fake discounts. Just look at the quote I got. Took me several minutes to decipher that it amounts to $1300 in discounts on top of the incentives. That van's sticker was $49730

21 - 35 of 35 Posts