2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No matter what I try, our brand new Limited will not see all the tracks on a USB drive. I'm an IT guy, so I've seen this kind of thing before. Just reformat the USB and drag the music over to it, right? Wrong. Tried that with FAT32 and NTFS. Same results, it will see anywhere from 2 to 132 songs of the 100's or 1000's of the mp3 tracks on the drives. I've tried with 1gb and 16gb thumb drives, which all work fine in our other 3 vehicles with USB readers. Figured I'd pull the USB drives from my 18 Ram 2500 and surely those would work. All Mopar uconnect. It gave me read errors on those, wouldn't recognize them at all.

Am I missing a secret handshake here or something?

·
Registered
2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
42 Posts
I've got about fourteen thousand .mp3's on a 128Gig flash drive in my 2017 Limited and the tracks are all seen by the system. I don't have them all in a single folder though. Each artist has a folder containing album folders and each album folder contains the .mp3 music files. It does take a while for all of my music to be cataloged when the system starts up but once done everything works great.

I do wish that the system would catalog the files into a non-volatile database though. It would make the start-up time almost instantaneous. And then I could force a re-cataloging of the music if I update my flash drive (which seldom happens).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. My file structure is the same. And it does take a while to read the thumb drive when I plug it in. But the highest song count we can get so far is 178 out of 4K+. Still messing with it, but thinking something is wrong with the stereo at this point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts