2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods, you can move this post if it's already a discussion.

Just wanted to share my favorite tips with my '19 hybrid.

1. When you open the lift gate with the button under the handle if you push it a 2nd time after it starts moving it opens faster.

2. Google play music through Apple car play is THE best quality free music streaming service I've found. Sounds great.

3. A CD phone mount will fit in the seam above the gear shifter between the plastic and dash material. Best spot for a cell that I've found.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thank you for the tip with the Cell holder.
I will test it when I get my Pacifica again

·
Registered
12 Posts
I guess i'll add my own useful tip for anyone wanting to use the CD slot phone mount in this way.

Our main vehicle until we get the van is an 09. we've had the cd mount for years, in and actual cd slot. our car hasnt really been garage kept. but even if yours is, if its kept out in hot summer sun for extended period of time (work parking lot, etc) be careful. the rubber "teeth" of the mount can get hot and stick causing it to melt slightly and stick. Ours is basically stuck in our slot (i'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.) It can be removed but has to be done slowly and carefully, a drop of goo gone or the sort would make it easier but its not that big of a deal for this old car. I do remove it periodically so it doesnt get permanently embedded

Long story short, keep an eye on the mount so the grips dont get stuck to the materials of the dash and cause damage. I'd even go as far as removing it regularly or when it sits in the sun for extended periods to avoid adhesion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just thinking in terms of if you've already got CarPlay running, it's just a distraction and clutter.

A lot of apps compliment the carplay display.

Yes, it is a mag mount and it charges as well. Although that feature is useless since we don't have wireless carplay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
it's just a distraction and clutter.

Eh, not really, to each his own. Chalk it up to people prefer things the way they prefer them, i guess.

But to answer your question, here's my usage:

I have a magnetic mount, and use it for 2 main reasons. Its a solid dedicated place for me to place my phone(i get in, stick it to the mount, get out, take it off).

And its an upright easy place to charge where the cord can hang down and not have any bend to it. ( I dont like the built in phone pockets, I feel like my wife will put her purse in front of the middle console and I'll end up with damaged cords over time)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah that doesn’t work. It actually slows it down and causes it to not open all the way. Better check yours out at the dealer sounds like something is wrong. There are not 2 separate opening speeds available.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah that doesn’t work. It actually slows it down and causes it to not open all the way. Better check yours out at the dealer sounds like something is wrong. There are not 2 separate opening speeds available.
It works on mine...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another tip. Seems like if you brake while in neutral it uses the friction brakes. Good for knocking the dust off them once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was skeptical but faster door opening with second button push works on my 2018 limited. Visually it doesn’t seem to go a ton faster but the whir of the lifting motor is very clearly higher/faster. The second push almost seems to cause a brief stutter then it whips into high gear. I’ll be trying it in day to day use to see if it’s noticeably quicker. If I could kick my foot twice to open faster... (haven’t tried but even more doubtful than the second button push lol)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good idea for the phone mount. I had one in the car I traded in for the van and was oddly disappointed that this didn't have an outdated cd slot just so I could use my mount. Haha. I want to find a mount that I can put near eye level though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts