2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck adding a vacuum in the pacific if it didn’t come with one? Thinking about hunting down the panels and vacuum from a salvage yard or eBay but if it not work I’d like to know ahead of time thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
We have had our 2017 Pacifica Limited (gas) for almost 2-years and 25K miles and have yet to even see if the vacuum turns on. You can buy a great portable vacuum at places like Costco or online and end up with even more power and flexibility. Good luck though, I know some folks may really enjoy their onboard unit. We wish we had the space to store our spare tire as we had to put one in one of the 2nd Row Stow N Go wells.

·
Registered
364 Posts
You better off buying a handheld dyson or similar and putting it in the stow n go area. You’d be money ahead. You could even buy the small portable ridgid and fit it in the stow n go. The money and time put into fitting a vacuum you could put to a vacuum that isn’t tied down to the vehicle. I ordered our van with a spare tire - if I’m up poo creek with a flat the vacuum isn’t going to get me home

·
Registered
104 Posts
You better off buying a handheld dyson or similar and putting it in the stow n go area. You’d be money ahead. You could even buy the small portable ridgid and fit it in the stow n go. The money and time put into fitting a vacuum you could put to a vacuum that isn’t tied down to the vehicle. I ordered our van with a spare tire - if I’m up poo creek with a flat the vacuum isn’t going to get me home

This. ^^

It would be foolish to remove the inflator and/or spare tire to replace it with the vacuum IMO.

Installing the OEM vacuum would be more hassle than it's worth anyways. I don't know for sure, but I doubt the wiring is already in place for the vacuum to facilitate easy installation in a van that didn't come with it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Has anyone had any luck adding a vacuum in the pacific if it didn’t come with one? Thinking about hunting down the panels and vacuum from a salvage yard or eBay but if it not work I’d like to know ahead of time thanks

I have a Pacifica with the vacuum and I absolutely use it quite often. However I have to say, it doesn’t have enough power and well that sucks. :D. A regular handheld vacuum is more powerful than this inbuilt unit. I wonder why they fitted such a motor, maybe because they didn’t want onboard available power to be stressed.
Another disadvantage is that the engine needs to be running to use the vacuum, so essentially you cannot use it inside a closed garage (that’s when most of my cleaning actually happens). So you can see I have to use my handheld portable black and decker quite often as well, and it has good suction too.
But one plus for the inbuilt vacuum is the absolute ease of use. If the conditions are right I can easily operate the vacuum to clean the child seat (on the driver side 2nd row seat) with one hand while carrying my infant/toddler with other hand and simply stove it back in its place neatly with me standing outside the car.
The Odyssey doesn’t have this ease of use since you have to open the tailgate to fish out the vacuum and good luck if you are on a trip and your trunk is fully loaded.

So, for you; unless you really really really really and absolutely WANT the inbuilt vacuum for whatever use you might have, I would spend $50 and buy a new Lithium ion portable vacuum and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have the vacuum, and I took it out once to try it. It kinda sorta works. Don't expect it to pick up beach sand. I use my handheld Dyson all the time. Much better at cleaning, and MUCH LESS fuss to use. You can often get like new refurbs on Woot.com for less than $200.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have the vacuum, and I took it out once to try it. It kinda sorta works. Don't expect it to pick up beach sand. I use my handheld Dyson all the time. Much better at cleaning, and MUCH LESS fuss to use. You can often get like new refurbs on Woot.com for less than $200.
Lol, great minds think alike - I’m an avid woot shopper. I’ve actually been following them from the early days before amazon, when they actually only had just one item for the deal of the day and if it sold out then that’s was it until the next day - I really liked that, woot is still good but I liked the way it was before amazon bought them out. I’ve purchased 5 dyson a over the years not only for myself but for weddings gifts and Christmas gifts. Dyson refurbs are legit and 100% recommend them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife loves the idea of a built-in vacuum, but I've had a heck of a time trying to find a Limited that doesn't have the vacuum deleted, but still has the options and colors we want (uConnect theater, Advanced Safety Group, and light colored seats w/red, molten silver, or tusk/luxury white exterior). It seems like maybe 19 out of 20 Limited have the vacuum deleted. And if I throw the 8th seat option into the mix, it's literally impossible. So maybe using a portable vac, as suggested above, is the solution.

On that note, can anybody recommend a specific model of portable vac that fits in the stow-n-go well, and is capable enough to do a good job?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
My wife loves the idea of a built-in vacuum, but I've had a heck of a time trying to find a Limited that doesn't have the vacuum deleted, but still has the options and colors we want (uConnect theater, Advanced Safety Group, and light colored seats w/red, molten silver, or tusk/luxury white exterior). It seems like maybe 19 out of 20 Limited have the vacuum deleted. And if I throw the 8th seat option into the mix, it's literally impossible. So maybe using a portable vac, as suggested above, is the solution.

On that note, can anybody recommend a specific model of portable vac that fits in the stow-n-go well, and is capable enough to do a good job?

Why don’t you simply order a car to your specifications. Email 50-100 of dealerships and and get quotes.
Any of the portable vacs will fit in the stow’n go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why don’t you simply order a car to your specifications. Email 50-100 of dealerships and and get quotes.
Any of the portable vacs will fit in the stow’n go.
Forgot to mention that we're looking to buy a low-mile used 2018-2019. It seems like we can save close to $10-15k going that route, but of course finding the perfect van is a challenge.

Maybe it's for the best, as a spare tire can certainly get you out of some bad situations.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I see. But you can save 8-10k in sticker price from some dealerships too if buying new. All the best.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see. But you can save 8-10k in sticker price from some dealerships too if buying new. All the best.

I would love to buy new, but I also want to be responsible. Good, well-optioned, low-mileage Limited's can be found in the $29,000-$32,000 range. I'm not sure how close I could get to that with a brand new car. Ideally we want a Limited with the uTheater, Advanced Safety, and 8th seat, but it seems like loaded Limited's are north of $40k new.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I would love to buy new, but I also want to be responsible. Good, well-optioned, low-mileage Limited's can be found in the $29,000-$32,000 range. I'm not sure how close I could get to that with a brand new car. Ideally we want a Limited with the uTheater, Advanced Safety, and 8th seat, but it seems like loaded Limited's are north of $40k new.
You are right, it'll be hard to find a new Limited at that price, but you can be pretty close with a Touring L+ with all the options you want. Are you wanting a Limited only (eg: for the Vacuum, and other features), or are you flexible to TL+?
A used car with less than 5K mileage is practically new car with a huge discount. So you should wait for the right deal. Good luck and keep us informed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts