2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 hybrid S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am writing to see if anyone knows how to turn off the auto shut down.

I have the van set up with the mobile hot spot for work/kids school and my goal is to have the van turned on until I decide to turn it off.

Right now if I turn on the van and don’t touch anything, the van will automatically shut off after about 20 minutes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wonder if you leave it in neutral with the parking brake on, it would stay on ?

·
Registered
2020 hybrid S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn’t thought of that. I’ll given it a shot and see what happens. It also happens when I leave it in auxiliary mode. If I hit the power button without the break engaged it does the same thing.

Basically my goal is to have the van on and parked and not shut off so my kids can watch a movie in the van without me having to worry about it.

·
Registered
2020 hybrid S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Electric. I want the van to be on, in Park, with me in the back watching a movie. Right now, the van can be running, in Park/emegenyth me in the back watching a movie and it will shut off after 20 minutes or so. Full shutdown.

Please let me know if any of this doesn’t make sense. I would love to get this figured out. In addition to wanting to watch a full movie, I’d like to be able to have the van on for as long as I want to heat the vehicle.

Going to be spending a few nights camping and want the option to sleep in the van with the heat on for more than 20 minutes. Just feels like something should be able to decide: how long my vehicle stays on.

Just as a hypothetical, say I’m a security guard and I sit in my van while I work. Shouldn’t I be able to have the van on with the heater/radio for as long as I want while it’s in Park?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I know the remote star is a 20 minutes run time. The manual start on my hybrid is 60 minutes run time if nothing moves.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm not sure about the Hybrid but if it was a ICE I would be seriously worried about draining the 12 volt battery unless you had it on a trickle charger.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hello!

I am writing to see if anyone knows how to turn off the auto shut down.

I have the van set up with the mobile hot spot for work/kids school and my goal is to have the van turned on until I decide to turn it off.

Right now if I turn on the van and don’t touch anything, the van will automatically shut off after about 20 minutes.

Thanks!
A member on here made this page:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Possibly you could put vehicle in charge state , plug it in , and then turn it on but don’t touch the brake and do whatever as it charges .

·
Registered
2020 hybrid S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Possibly you could put vehicle in charge state , plug it in , and then turn it on but don’t touch the brake and do whatever as it charges .
I’ve actually tried this. I stopped at a charging station to get a full 2 hour charge. I had the van off, plugged it in, pushed the power button without touching the brake, and had the car running a movie for the kids. The van shut off after about 30-45 minutes. Full shut down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts