2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
My wife has a android s8+ and she used to be able to send a reply to text by speaking. Since getting the 2018 Hybrid, it says you get a text, do you want to reply? You can voice a reply or text a generic response. The voice reply opens to the generic text response. In the 2017 gas model, you could say "I'm on my way home" and it'll type out "i'm on my way home"

Prior to reaching the first year mark and losing some of the Uconnect "free" features, my wife could type in and send addresses from the passenger seat via her cellphone and the UConnect app. Nice feature but not for the price to continue.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would buy something like this. Being able to watch Blu-ray while my wife drives. And being able to type in an address into the nav would be welcome. And using the cameras at anytime. I would love to use that while driving. Turn on the rear wide angle, and I'll see any car coming up. If it didn't have blind spot like my other car, the camera on would be a godsend in that car.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
333 Posts
I contacted Coastaltech and they assured me that their unit for the Uconnect 8.4 is fully compatible with the Pacifica and allows In motion access, screen mirroring and many other features. NO splicing into BCM...plug and play. Also allows adding indicator turn cameras etc.
https://www.coastaletech.com/uconnectairv2.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
I contacted Coastaltech and they assured me that their unit for the Uconnect 8.4 is fully compatible with the Pacifica and allows In motion access, screen mirroring and many other features. NO splicing into BCM...plug and play. Also allows adding indicator turn cameras etc.

Has anyone tried this version or planning on testing it?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
https://www.coastaletech.com/uconnectairv2.htm
Has anyone tried this version or planning on testing it?
I did and it is a TOTAL POS. the menu looks like it was done on a commodore 64.

With in motion video or in motion nav activated, the gps stops working. So for example you want your passenger to enter an address, the gps is disabled. Anytime you watch an in motion video the GPS is disabled. Awesome right?

Also the steering wheel buttons don't work to access the menu like advertised, so you have to use their tiny button remote, or the buttons on the ac controls to get there.

Also the turn signal, nor forward motion till 8 mph camera view work when selected in the menu, al you get is a BLUE screen.

On a positive note the Android screen mirroring works as advertised.

I sent mine back in for a full refund. They claim because Chrysler does Over the Air updates, it has messed up the way their system works with the Pacifica. The funny thing about that Chrysler Pacifica's in Canada Doesn't have the feature even installed or as an available option, that's right no crappy Sirius Guardian for us Canadians.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
333 Posts

With in motion video or in motion nav activated, the gps stops working. So for example you want your passenger to enter an address, the gps is disabled. Anytime you watch an in motion video the GPS is disabled. Awesome right?

Also the steering wheel buttons don't work to access the menu like advertised, so you have to use their tiny button remote, or the buttons on the ac controls to get there.

Also the turn signal, nor forward motion till 8 mph camera view work when selected in the menu, al you get is a BLUE screen.

I sent mine back in for a full refund. They claim because Chrysler does Over the Air updates, it has messed up the way their system works with the Pacifica. The funny thing about that Chrysler Pacifica's in Canada Doesn't have the feature even installed or as an available option, that's right no crappy Sirius Guardian for us Canadians.

Thanks for the heads up !......was looking at this ,but after reading your review, I definitely will not bother !

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thank you for saving me $500!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wait a second, the Naviks is NOT ready for sale(for a 2018 - 8.4) and the manufacture told me that themselves. . So whoever is selling the units to you shouldn't be, not for a 2018 and NOT for a 2017 if you want full functionality. Only limited function 2017 models for the older Uconnect are even for sale directly from Naviks. And only 7" model for the 2018 are being sold and if you read the literature before purchase there is also some limited functionality(too much for my liking). The cost is 289.00 for the 7" Uconnect video with video in motion unit.

Whoever is selling the 2018 7" models should be stating LIMTED function because Naviks know this.

Naviks hasn't fully tested the new units and won't sell them for 2018 8.4" Uconnect at all. They told me to contact them in a month or more and keep checking back.

https://naviks.com/c-1136679-video-in-motion.html

·
Registered
17 Posts
Video in Motion for Theater package owners

Naviks has now a video in motion for Pacifica with Theater package. This will show any video source available on the back screen on the front screen while driving. No wire splice is required and installation is just plug and play under the front passenger seat connected to the VRM Module (so no need to remove the radio unit). It is listed as Uconnect Theater Motion Lockout Bypass. Will test it within a couple of days.

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
Naviks has now a video in motion for Pacifica with Theater package. This will show any video source available on the back screen on the front screen while driving. No wire splice is required and installation is just plug and play under the front passenger seat connected to the VRM Module (so no need to remove the radio unit). It is listed as Uconnect Theater Motion Lockout Bypass. Will test it within a couple of days.
Interested in your feedback on this. It would be awesome if you could possibly start a new thread with a write up on how to install? All Naviks has is a terrible piano tune with no write up. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just installed it. Installation Instructions below.

Move the front passenger seat as far back as possible and raise the seat to its highest position. Locate and disconnect 26-pin plug under the front passenger seat, combine OEM harness with provided harness. Please use Velcro or double tape to secure the unit.

It's a 1 minute install and it is working and you can select any source (e.g. Bluray, HDMI1, HDMI2) to see in the front. Again, the one I installed is specific for the Chrysler Pacifica with the 2 Theater screens in the back.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Move the front passenger seat as far back as possible and raise the seat to its highest position. Locate and disconnect 26-pin plug under the front passenger seat, combine OEM harness with provided harness. Please use Velcro or double tape to secure the unit.

It's a 1 minute install and it is working and you can select any source (e.g. Bluray, HDMI1, HDMI2) to see in the front. Again, the one I installed is specific for the Chrysler Pacifica with the 2 Theater screens in the back.
Sounds interesting. Is it giving you a different interface than normal or just letting you use the normal mode of watching what the back seats are watching but allow it in motion?

This might be a really handy way for a passenger in the front seat to work through DVD menus for the kids in the back while driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The camera bug issue seems to be a Chrysler Uconnect software issue, has nothing to do with the Naviks solution. The problem also exist in normal mode (without Naviks).

·
Premium Member
126 Posts

What is their part #? I can't find anything for a Pacifica on the https://naviks.com/ website

·
Registered
168 Posts
41 - 60 of 87 Posts