2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
No issues with it freezing the factory navigation ?
Literally zero since purchase.

Use it all the time. Also use the nav.

This is still one of the best things I did to the car and it works better than the actual Uconnect does LOL...

To this day if I turn off the car while a movie is playing the theater freezes the entire Uconnect for a couple minutes as it reads the inserted jump drive. This software is terrible... yet people say its some of the best in a car. LOL That just shows how behind car R&D really is to actual market...

But the video motion defeat works great!

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
333 Posts
Literally zero since purchase.

Use it all the time. Also use the nav.

This is still one of the best things I did to the car and it works better than the actual Uconnect does LOL...

To this day if I turn off the car while a movie is playing the theater freezes the entire Uconnect for a couple minutes as it reads the inserted jump drive. This software is terrible... yet people say its some of the best in a car. LOL That just shows how behind car R&D really is to actual market...

But the video motion defeat works great!
Thanks for that !...do you have just the Uconnect theater video bypass (one that goes under the seat) or also the part that plugs in behind the head unit with the mirroring feature ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed it. Installation Instructions below.

Move the front passenger seat as far back as possible and raise the seat to its highest position. Locate and disconnect 26-pin plug under the front passenger seat, combine OEM harness with provided harness. Please use Velcro or double tape to secure the unit.

It's a 1 minute install and it is working and you can select any source (e.g. Bluray, HDMI1, HDMI2) to see in the front. Again, the one I installed is specific for the Chrysler Pacifica with the 2 Theater screens in the back.
I bought the harness from Naviks but am having trouble removing the original plug from under the seat. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just compare the harness that Naviks supplies it’s the same harness as under the seat, there’s a little plastic arm that slides back it forward, I can’t remember. I had an issue initially unplugging mine from under the seat. They are very unfriendly at Naviks as far as their customer care.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I want to know, with Navik's theater in motion lock up by pass, can you use 360 cameras while driving?
No, I don't believe so. With the device only being inline with the theater module, I believe it only tricks that single module into thinking the vehicle is always stopped. There is a separate module that controls the 360 cameras that isn't affected by this device.

Additionally, we have the 360 camera icon on our main screen and it still is grayed out when in motion.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts