2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kid's carseat did not hold all of the diary queen blizzard that came back up, so I have a pool of the stuff on the perforated leather van seat. Any tips on cleaning that up as far as products? I'm going to just washcloth and water right now but worried about the penetration into the seat and perforated areas.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Look for an enzyme cleaner! The enzymes in these cleaners actually break down the offending substance and often support the growth of good bacteria that will do the same. Some brands are.... Simple Solution, Capture Pet Stain & Odor Neutralizer, Complete Pet Stain and Odor Remover, and Nature’s Miracle. They will all work well for human vomit or pet vomit. Product can be bought at pet stores or online. You will need to really soak the area in order to break down the odor causing substance. If vomit has penetrated into the upholstery foam this is about the only thing that will work short of replacing the seat foam.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oooh. Sorry to hear. Hope the kid feels better now at least :-/

If it were me, I would do as you said. disposable paper towels, wash cloth/rags with water only first. Then I'd use something like this, which is what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071XB18BF/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not a whole let else you can do. Air it out too!
How to Clean Vomit Out Of Perforated Leather Seats? - LeatherProfy
Anybody have tips on how to clean vomit out of the perforated seats? My wife had a little too much to drink and puked without warning. I got most of it out and I tried a vacuum but I can still see bits of puke in the perforations. My seats are black too. I tried using a toothpick on each hole but that didn't work very well. I also cleaned the seat with Lexol but haven't tried anything else yet.

The smell is another matter..

·
Registered
67 Posts
My kid's carseat did not hold all of the diary queen blizzard that came back up, so I have a pool of the stuff on the perforated leather van seat. Any tips on cleaning that up as far as products? I'm going to just washcloth and water right now but worried about the penetration into the seat and perforated areas.
I feel for you. Water first, then enzymes.

We had similar experiences back when both the kid and our Mazda RWD 626 were both newish. We kept several layers of plastic, old bed sheets and towels under the car seat and on the floor in front of it for just these eruptive events. Only had to clean the cloth upholstery once.

At home, we had a labrador-malemute mix dog for much of the cleanup.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Get a close pin, get surface vomit off seat, and start using the pin to pick the rest out of the perforations. Either pick it out or push it in. Only other option is an extractor. Good luck. Maybe invest in the seat protector for under the car seat.
Furniture Product Chair Luggage and bags Rectangle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts