2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I wanted to put a little wider tire on my Touring L and got a really good deal on some P255/55R-18 Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season tires from Tirerack. I had them mounted on the stock 18-ins and they look ok but the sidewall bulges out a little more than I would like.

So I decided to bite the bullet and pick up some new wheels for the van. I got a set of 18x8 Voxx Trackhawk replica wheels. I found a set of black Chrysler center caps on eBay for $20 and they fit the new wheels perfectly. The offset is a little different but they should only stick out about 1/2-in farther than the factory. I took a few picks when I test fit them. I think they look really good and I will take a few more picks after I get them mounted.

Reactions: YEGPacHy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, do you have photos after mounting them, I was considering the same wheels. What are your thoughts on 17" wheels for winter tires, too small or okay? Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, do you have photos after mounting them, I was considering the same wheels. What are your thoughts on 17" wheels for winter tires, too small or okay? Thanks!
I traded that van in on a ‘21 Hybrid but I kept the wheels and put them on my new van. I will add a couple pics. I live in Alabama, so I have never thought of winter tires before. But our vans come from the factory with 17-in wheels on the lower trim levels so they should be fine as long as you get the correct backspacing.

·
Registered
256 Posts
17s are fine for winters, but we have the OEM 18” wheels with our winter tires mounted on them. The summers are on a set of 20” SRT replica wheels. 20x9, and they fit perfect, a little bit of a poke, but fill the wheel well perfectly. Winters are good to have more sidewall. I would have used 17s if that’s what was originally on the van. Softer ride and better with the winter potholed roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
17s are fine for winters, but we have the OEM 18” wheels with our winter tires mounted on them. The summers are on a set of 20” SRT replica wheels. 20x9, and they fit perfect, a little bit of a poke, but fill the wheel well perfectly. Winters are good to have more sidewall. I would have used 17s if that’s what was originally on the van. Softer ride and better with the winter potholed roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good points! Thank you! I think I will go with 17” wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts