2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waffling sound inside my Pacifica 2018 Touring L van when you first open any door, especially when its cold and hasn't been started yet ? Van only has 18k miles on it . Sounds like ( picking up a long piece of cardboard & shaking it violently ) . Salesman thinks its the Perimeter Approach System . Dealer hasn't a clue ? Sounds like the floor airbags inflating ( if it really had floor airbags ) ? Another 2018 Red Touring L did the same thing when we went to test drive it ? Any ideas ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Waffling sound inside my Pacifica 2018 Touring L
Sounds like ( picking up a long piece of cardboard & shaking it violently ) .

Could possibly be your fresh air/recirculation actuator motor freaking out under the passenger side of your dash. Then again, that doesn't really sound like cardboard shaking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Could possibly be your fresh air/recirculation actuator motor freaking out under the passenger side of your dash. Then again, that doesn't really sound like cardboard shaking.
Probably a dumb question ? But wouldn't the van have to be running or at least in the ACC mode on the ignition ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Probably a dumb question ? But wouldn't the van have to be running or at least in the ACC mode on the ignition ?
No. Vehicle can be completely off when it does this.
This has been reported on both ICE and hybrids. Mine has done this from time to time when I open a door plugged in or not. The actuator gets stuck in the middle and keeps trying to move to its resting/off position. See post 2 here and see if this sounds similar to Pumping or Gear turning noise while parked and plugged in..

Also, see post 12. from the link.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. Vehicle can be completely off when it does this.
This has been reported on both ICE and hybrids. Mine has done this from time to time when I open a door plugged in or not. The actuator gets stuck in the middle and keeps trying to move to its resting/off position. See post 2 here and see if this sounds similar to Pumping or Gear turning noise while parked and plugged in..

Also, see post 12. from the link.
I listened to your noise. But it is not the same . The waffle or sound of an airbag inflating will only last for about two to five seconds ! If I drive it to dealer which is forty five minutes away, the van is now hot and won't make the noise at all? The van was used when I purchased it about a year ago . But salesman assured me when he heard the same noise that its covered bumper to bumper for three years ! So don't worry about that ! Afraid to leave it over night so it will be cold the next day ! I really don't trust them much , because they really didn't seem like it was a big deal first time around and then I had to send it back three times through the car wash because it kept coming back dirty . I know ! Take it to another dealership ! But all the dealership's in my area got worst reviews for service then my original dealer ! Tried to take a recording of it , but its not coming out clear and noise is not always loud , just irritating ! Boy , I bet if I wanted to trade it in for another van at my dealership , they would certainly hear the noise then !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I listened to your noise. But it is not the same . The waffle or sound of an airbag inflating will only last for about two to five seconds ! If I drive it to dealer which is forty five minutes away, the van is now hot and won't make the noise at all? The van was used when I purchased it about a year ago . But salesman assured me when he heard the same noise that its covered bumper to bumper for three years ! So don't worry about that ! Afraid to leave it over night so it will be cold the next day ! I really don't trust them much , because they really didn't seem like it was a big deal first time around and then I had to send it back three times through the car wash because it kept coming back dirty . I know ! Take it to another dealership ! But all the dealership's in my area got worst reviews for service then my original dealer ! Tried to take a recording of it , but its not coming out clear and noise is not always loud , just irritating ! Boy , I bet if I wanted to trade it in for another van at my dealership , they would certainly hear the noise then !
Oh, also , its Not a Hybrid or Limited , just a Pacifica Touring L model ! Don't know if that will make a difference ?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Waffling sound inside my Pacifica 2018 Touring L van when you first open any door, especially when its cold and hasn't been started yet ? Van only has 18k miles on it . Sounds like ( picking up a long piece of cardboard & shaking it violently ) . Salesman thinks its the Perimeter Approach System . Dealer hasn't a clue ? Sounds like the floor airbags inflating ( if it really had floor airbags ) ? Another 2018 Red Touring L did the same thing when we went to test drive it ? Any ideas ?
This sounds frustrating, killercrab. We do recommend revisiting the dealer at your earliest convenience to allow the team the chance to pinpoint the cause of this. If your first dealer was unable to locate the sound, we do suggest visiting a second dealer for another opinion. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Kate
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L (built 9/2017)
269 Posts
-deleted post-

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds related to the cabin vent/exhaust to outside? Perhaps something caught in the "vanes/flaps" (approximately behind the rear wheels?).

Or a door seal (or slightly loose door) when cold, allows the door/hatch to "waffle"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts