2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a dealer in Alberta, Canada. We had a lone factory order for a Hybrid Pacifica back in October - and no word on when it's coming. Being here in oil country our managers have 0 motivation to order and sell hybrid units, and the most recent excuse for the long wait was that the factory is receiving so few orders on the hybrid that they are waiting for enough orders so they can have a full day for production. Since the vehicles designated for Canada and the US are built in the same place, is that the case elsewhere or is this a load of BS? The discussion online across blogs and reviews of this van is generally positive which gets people interested in it, but those living in Alberta are having a hard time finding units as no dealer in Alberta has one on the lot. It doesn't make sense to me, because even though we have no provincial rebate, there is a federal government rebate of $5k. Thoughts?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sounds possible. Wonder what the difference is between Canadian and US models?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is it possible they put the order in as a "lot" order rather than as a "sold to customer" order? When I put in my order a couple weeks ago the dealer said that orders for vehicles that are already sold go to the front of the line, but orders for vehicles that go out to dealer lots are scheduled in who-knows order.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Production for 2020 ehybrids are set for a certain date . The allocation and building of orders is based on sold units vs dealer inventory . Also adding to this is part shortages, new paint colour introductions . As stated in brochure “ parts, colour, can be modified or changed at any time . Some dealers get preferential treatment due to the volume / sales , etc . A electric or hybrid vehicle from Alberta shouldn’t make a difference ( oil country ) for ordering processes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I f
Production for 2020 ehybrids are set for a certain date . The allocation and building of orders is based on sold units vs dealer inventory . Also adding to this is part shortages, new paint colour introductions . As stated in brochure “ parts, colour, can be modified or changed at any time . Some dealers get preferential treatment due to the volume / sales , etc . A electric or hybrid vehicle from Alberta shouldn’t make a difference ( oil country ) for ordering processes.
"oil country" is more of a mentality than an actual obstacle - people tend have an aversion towards hybrid and electric vehicles because they're convinced it's killing the oil economy. Kind of a stupid attitude.

·
Registered
15 Posts
are they still having production issues? ie. within 150 miles of me there are 4 Limiteds.. and ZERO of any other hybrid trim level. (North Carolina)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts