2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course we all like to see one of our vehicles listed on WardsAuto Best - something. We've already seen that the Pacifica has made it for one of Wards best interiors, but now they've gone a bit more specific and listed the Pacifica as having one of the best cup-holders.

Personally cup-holders are a huge deal for me as I'm always having a beverage in the car. The wife of course always has her detox water or some health conscious beverage as well in a travel water bottle so I definitely need something that'll be able to accommodate these things. These seem like they may do the trick !

What experiences have you had with these cup-holders ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just finished up a 1,500 mile road trip and they work great, they fit my glass water bottle, large and small soda, coffee, etc... cups with ease, even the second row holders worked great with a snug fit that adapts to different sizes and types of containers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just finished up a 1,500 mile road trip and they work great, they fit my glass water bottle, large and small soda, coffee, etc... cups with ease, even the second row holders worked great with a snug fit that adapts to different sizes and types of containers.
That's a real relief to hear ! How'd she perform on the trip though, sounds like a nice long ride to really get your thoughts on it.

As well, do the cup holders look fairly easy to clean out, stain easily, etc. ?

·
Registered
758 Posts
It's the little things like cup holders that go a long way and are often overlooked when buying/considering a vehicle.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Definitely, I remember the older mercedes had this ridiculously horrible pop-up cupholder design. Cleaning it was a PITA but even user-friendliness sucked.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I can't speak for all the cup holders around the van but I've removed the center console cupholder (pictured at the start of this thread) for cleaning.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Most high-traffic areas of rubber are removable/cleanable... the rubber inside the front-seat door-pull cavities, the cup holders, the storage slot (on the Limited) by the USB/Aux jacks, etc... they tend to make those things removable nowadays. I like that a LOT. When cleaning the car, I first grab all the removable rubber parts and toss them in the kitchen sink with warm, soapy water ... clean all the rubber and let air-dry while I go back out and clean the rest of the car.

Using paper towels or even regular towels can leave too-much LINT on the rubber if you try to manually dry them.

·
Banned
106 Posts
I do find that happens a lot when it comes to the rubber inserts. I used to just use a micro-fiber with some vinyl and rubber care stuff.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe not as functionally-excellent (or as numerous) as Pacifica cupholders, but I've always loved the design elegance of the Saab cupholders:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts