2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So today I was doing some touch up paint work on the van and was looking closely at it. Today I noticed the front bumper is what I can describe only as warped around the headlights on both sides. You can see it popped out, and if you push on it, it'll want to go back into place, but just pops right back out of the retaining clips behind the bumper. Has anyone else experienced this? Today is a hotter day out and the bumper is so hot I can't keep my hands on it. I'm wondering if it's heat related, and/or a QC issue (shocking) from Chrysler. The bumper has not been in an accident. Attached is a picture showing what I'm talking about. If you look closely you can see the retaining clips and how it's supposed to be pushed in more flush to the light assembly. Yet another annoying small issue I'm noticing...
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Reactions: 63dart

·
Registered
22 Posts
I will say it is a QC issue with chrysler and its apparently been happening for years. Front bumper defect?. I have a 2018 with the same issue. I took it into the dealer to get it checked and they told me they actually checked all their pacificas on the lot and to some extent all of them had some issue. I wasnt able to get them to budge and do a replacement since it wasn't as severe as some others. You may try your luck if still under warranty at different dealers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will say it is a QC issue with chrysler and its apparently been happening for years. Front bumper defect?. I have a 2018 with the same issue. I took it into the dealer to get it checked and they told me they actually checked all their pacificas on the lot and to some extent all of them had some issue. I wasnt able to get them to budge and do a replacement since it wasn't as severe as some others. You may try your luck if still under warranty at different dealers.
I didn't realize there was another thread on here. It didn't occur to me that this is a common issue. I figured it was isolated. Mods you can merge or close this thread if need be.

Mine is only covered under an extended warranty I purchased and it doesn't cover cosmetic issues. One of the only things it doesn't cover.

The quality control at Chrysler is not something I'm very impressed with. I've had this van only a few months and it's ridiculous what I'm finding. I'm afraid of what it's going to be like in a few more years. I thought GM was bad compared to other manufacturers. Apparently Chrysler is trying to be like Tesla with all the small quality control issues they let by.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah their quality hasn't been that great from what I have noticed and read on the forums. Bubbling paint, bumper expanding due to defect with clip, etc. I recently noticed that on my factory windshield that the glue that holds the windshield down is like dry on the edges. All my other vehicles that I have or drive, the glue is still nice and smooth.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah their quality hasn't been that great from what I have noticed and read on the forums. Bubbling paint, bumper expanding due to defect with clip, etc. I recently noticed that on my factory windshield that the glue that holds the windshield down is like dry on the edges. All my other vehicles that I have or drive, the glue is still nice and smooth.

It's too bad, because it could be such a nice vehicle if they would just up their quality control. Right now I feel like I'm just waiting for the next thing.

I think glass is an issue as well. It seems like there's a lot of them around with cracked windshields or even a cracked side window.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hello @gmfreak!

Our team regrets to hear about your front bumper giving you trouble and would like to assist alongside your dealer. If desired, please follow up with us via private message to start up a conversation.

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello @gmfreak!

Our team regrets to hear about your front bumper giving you trouble and would like to assist alongside your dealer. If desired, please follow up with us via private message to start up a conversation.

Hannah
Chrysler Cares
I will reach out, but I doubt anything will be done. It has 76K on it and is out of factory warranty. I would love if the bumper issue could be investigated though. I still have an opened Chrysler Care case regarding my radio firmware update as well and have not heard anything back as of yet regarding that case.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Sure thing, @gmfreak!

When you private message us is it possible to please send your case number? It would be greatly appreciated!

Hannah
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure thing, @gmfreak!

When you private message us is it possible to please send your case number? It would be greatly appreciated!

Hannah
Chrysler Cares
Just sent a PM with everything including previous case. Thank You.

Reactions: ChryslerCares

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is there a clip issue or fix or something that can be told to dealer to get them to help it? My original bumper and an oem bumper after after an accident BOTH had the exact same gaps below each headlight as described here. Since the original one was like that from the factory I have been living with it.

gas 2019 limited.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll let you know if I find anything out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts