2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Food for thought for potential buyers:

When I first inquired about a bumper to bumper 100k warranty for my new Pacifica I was quoted $3100. I told them that I wanted an extended warranty, but that was too high.

When I got to financing I was offered an 84 month, 85k warranty for $1,500. I declined. Then, magically, I was offered the same 84/85k warranty for $1,000. I asked how much the deductible was, and was told $200. I ultimately declined that warranty too.

According to research, 55% of people who purchase extended warranties never use them. For the 45% who do, the median usage is around $850. The cost for me to actually use the 84/85k warranty would have been $1,271 when you add interest and deductible to the $1,000 cost, so odds are that I'd be overspending by at least $420 IF I needed it. The other factor for me is that we will be putting a lot of miles on this vehicle, so that $1,271 would only help for about 2.7 a year window starting at the end of our second year of ownership for the bumper to bumper warranty; and an even smaller 1.4 year window for the power train, starting after we've owned the car for 3.3 years.

In hindsight I should have at least asked about getting a 100k warranty for $1,000. At that mileage the window of additional coverage may have been long enough to justify the additional peace of mind. But I'm comfortable with my decision based on the offer(s) I was given.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
932 Posts
Food for thought for potential buyers:

When I first inquired about a bumper to bumper 100k warranty for my new Pacifica I was quoted $3100. I told them that I wanted an extended warranty, but that was too high.

When I got to financing I was offered an 84 month, 85k warranty for $1,500. I declined. Then, magically, I was offered the same 84/85k warranty for $1,000. I asked how much the deductible was, and was told $200. I ultimately declined that warranty too.

According to research, 55% of people who purchase extended warranties never use them. For the 45% who do, the median usage is around $850. The cost for me to actually use the 84/85k warranty would have been $1,271 when you add interest and deductible to the $1,000 cost, so odds are that I'd be overspending by at least $420 IF I needed it. The other factor for me is that we will be putting a lot of miles on this vehicle, so that $1,271 would only help for about 2.7 a year window starting at the end of our second year of ownership for the bumper to bumper warranty; and an even smaller 1.4 year window for the power train, starting after we've owned the car for 3.3 years.

In hindsight I should have at least asked about getting a 100k warranty for $1,000. At that mileage the window of additional coverage may have been long enough to justify the additional peace of mind. But I'm comfortable with my decision based on the offer(s) I was given.

.....I bought an extended warranty for my last car and never used it. Its basically insurance and if you're not needing warranty work, it can seem like a waste of money. Will I buy an extended warranty before my 3 year 36,000 mile warranty expires?............more than likely, even though I would pay as much for my Touring L as a Limited......ERRRrrrrrr!!! :mad: Where's my blood pressure medicine?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get it, and I would have done it for peace of mind if the coverage window had been larger. I bought a certified pre-owned Tundra in 2003, and just before selling it (to my dad...) in about 2005 it developed a transmission problem. Thanks to the 7 year/100k warranty the $2,800 repair only cost $50 out of pocket. And that wasn't a transmission that was known to have issues! He's still driving that truck, as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just received an email from Mopar with a discount starting today.

Its 2710.00 for the unlimited mileage lifetime max car plus now. That's cheaper than the discount code posted here. And only 99.00 down instead of 10% with no interest.

https://mailchi.mp/347fd7028d17/all-warranty-prices-dropped0-financing-available?e=6e746a801a

The 2710 is for a $200 deductible.

For comparison, the same plan at Chryslerfactoryplans is $2575 with the damon2 coupon code (which allows financing w/ 10% down).

If you don’t care about financing, or have a card that has 0% interest, the other coupon code dpacifica brings it down to $2410. (Unlimited/$200 deductible).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
The 2710 is for a $200 deductible.

For comparison, the same plan at Chryslerfactoryplans is $2575 with the damon2 coupon code (which allows financing w/ 10% down).

If you don’t care about financing, or have a card that has 0% interest, the other coupon code dpacifica brings it down to $2410. (Unlimited/$200 deductible).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks just figured that out and posted it another thread . I posted the threads and links becasue really that Damon2 code is tough to find now unless you know it exists and in less than a month it will be tough to find in this thread as well. I renamed my last thread "Warranty Price Drop and Discount Code From Mopar" rather than Price Drop so people can find it better in 2 months.

On last Friday I almost pulled the trigger with Damon 2 and it was over 2800.00 (200 DED OVER 12 MONTHS). So waiting 6 days saved me quite a bit. And I would of been pretty aggravated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is very helpful information. Are you guys buying the Warranty in the first 12K? Right now all I have is 3y/36k warranty, but I almost always buy the extended warranty. The unused portion is normally refundable as well.

I hope to purchase the top end warranty at some future point when it is reasonable to do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts