2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hand washed my Pacifica limited today and when running water from garden hose over the handle on sliding door, it activated the door and opened (did it twice). I had key FOB in my pocket and the only way I could prevent it was to put FOB in the house. Wondering if I were to take this vehicle through car wash if this would happen. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I hand washed my Pacifica limited today and when running water from garden hose over the handle on sliding door, it activated the door and opened (did it twice). I had key FOB in my pocket and the only way I could prevent it was to put FOB in the house. Wondering if I were to take this vehicle through car wash if this would happen. Thoughts?
If the engine is on and in "Neutral" at the car wash, I don't think the door would open since the vehicle has to be in "Park" for the power doors to work. I haven't had a problem with a door opening while going through a car wash. Once an outside mirror folded while going through the car wash (which surprised me) but no damage occurred.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Sometimes water jet can alter the sensors of doors in all. ATS with touch sensitive doors. My other cars which have touch sensitive doors blink on and off (central locking) continuously when washing with the keys in my pocket.
I always keep the keys out of my pocket when washing these cars.
As mentioned above this situation is not likely to happen in carwash due to reason mentioned above. In some cars when a key is inside the car, some of these features are automatically disabled.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I’ve done many a drive through car wash and never had an issue with doors opening midway through. Pretty sure that stuff is disabled unless you are in park as my wife gives me the stink eye when she gets out to take care of a kid in the back and the doors don’t open when she presses the button...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts