2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere. I searched. A lot. To no avail. And I’m simply curious if others have had stains like we have had on our garage floor. To be honest, we love this van and have zero complaints so far but this one leaves us puzzled. Especially being that our high mileage town and country and my high end luxury car cause neither problem in our garage. Anyway, is this normal for the evap condensate?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've noticed water stains at the front of the vehicle and always attributed it to the undercarriage panels that retain moisture and then drip dry onto the floor.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere. I searched. A lot. To no avail. And I’m simply curious if others have had stains like we have had on our garage floor. To be honest, we love this van and have zero complaints so far but this one leaves us puzzled. Especially being that our high mileage town and country and my high end luxury car cause neither problem in our garage. Anyway, is this normal for the evap condensate?
You may want to sweep your floor so that the evaporated water doesn't make mud.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Looks like cheap Irish whiskey to me!

Seriously, as long as the A/C is working, and water drips out, you're good to go. It's probably some residual manufacturing coating that was put on something the water passes over before it lands on your garage floor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I’ll just keep an eye on it. It’s been insanely hot and humid in central Florida lately so the AC is certainly getting heavy use. Just never had a vehicle drip orange water before and figured I’d see if it was just me. Which I guess it is lol AC worked great though!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
How is that accomplished?
It's routine maintenance, every 100 miles you have to add A/C Condensation Tint, along with changing your blinker fluid and greasing the muffler bearings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Banned
345 Posts
Been using the AC in the van before you park it?
OR - have climate setting on defrost. A/C will come on with defrost set even when you don't push the A/C button....(it does on other Chrysler cars I've had, I believe Pacifica is the same).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wishing there was a like button lol

There IS a like button! Look on the right edge of each post. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
There IS a like button! Look on the right edge of each post. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
The mobile version of this site doesn't offer the like button, only the desktop version.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
It's routine maintenance, every 100 miles you have to add A/C Condensation Tint, along with changing your blinker fluid and greasing the muffler bearings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BMW has muffler bearings!.. :grin2:

The black soot is leakage past the flap bearing.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
The sound deadening material in the wheel wells (and elsewhere?) is like a sponge. I put a G-Floor ribbed garage floor liner on my garage floor to contain the endless drips. I call the never ending puddle "Lake Chrysler". I mentioned it to my salesman and he said Chrysler needs to rethink that design.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts