2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all... I have a 2018 Pacifica, I bought new in July, 2019. I've put 44,000 miles on it so far. I love to drive and love to drive fast!
Ever since I got it, I like to floor the gas and let it wind out to about 6,000 RPM's before it shifts into the next gear.! It sounds awesome and its fun. I do it all the time. My hubby changes the oil every 10,000 miles or so and tells me I am going to wear the engine out, maybe even blow it up. It seems like it doesn't have the power it used to but I still like to whip it as much as I can.

Can I really do a lot of damage just by driving it hard? Isn't that what it's designed to do?!

·
Registered
MY2020, Pacifica Touring L, FWD, Tow package, S, Advanced safety, Alpine
30 Posts
Hi y'all... I have a 2018 Pacifica, I bought new in July, 2019. I've put 44,000 miles on it so far. I love to drive and love to drive fast!
Ever since I got it, I like to floor the gas and let it wind out to about 6,000 RPM's before it shifts into the next gear.! It sounds awesome and its fun. I do it all the time. My hubby changes the oil every 10,000 miles or so and tells me I am going to wear the engine out, maybe even blow it up. It seems like it doesn't have the power it used to but I still like to whip it as much as I can.

Can I really do a lot of damage just by driving it hard? Isn't that what it's designed to do?!
It's good for the engine assuming it's up to temp good to burn off carbon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
348 Posts
What do you have to lose! New Pacifica's are rolling off the production line everyday so its not like you'll never be able to replace it, I say go for it, have some fun!

Reactions: Vicenac

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
915 Posts

It won't hurt the engine much at all, but it does put additional stress on the engine/transmission mounts and suspension components. It also increases brake wear if you're accelerating more than necessary between stop lights. :)

·
Registered
2020 Hybrid Limited
15 Posts
I'm going to hazard a guess and say that engineering tolerances have greatly improved in manufacturing and it should be fine to drive it like you stole it. If you ever decide to sell it, make sure to delete this post. 😆

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep flooring it till you hear a pop from the engine, then you will realize that you F**ked up. LMAO
Wouldn't be the first time I've blown an engine. hehehe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I don't plan on taking it easy on the Pacifica. I like to hear it revving... sounds really really good. My hubby bought this Limited edition for me to enjoy, so I am going to get every ounce I can out of it. I've worn out or blown every engine I have ever had so this one won't be any different! Thanks again!

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
305 Posts
It's nice to know our little van is faster 0-60 at 7.3 seconds.then some of the classic muscle cars of the 60's and 70's.

1968 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS 350 0-60 @ 7.9
1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 0-60 @ 7.7
1969 Porsche 911 T Targa 0-60 @ 7.8

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,454 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You can download more extensive owner's manuals from the Mopar website if desired. If you put your van info in the signature line of account settings it will show up at the bottom of your posts and will help us answer your questions easier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's nice to know our little van is faster 0-60 at 7.3 seconds.then some of the classic muscle cars of the 60's and 70's.

1968 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS 350 0-60 @ 7.9
1968 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 0-60 @ 7.7
1969 Porsche 911 T Targa 0-60 @ 7.8
That's what I'm saying! For a mini van, it is very fast! And it sounds better than our neighbor's mustang! I wish it had manual shifters like my old Traverse had. I could really beat the snot out of that car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep flooring it till you hear a pop from the engine, then you will realize that you F**ked up. LMAO
Besides, I'm a total princess with a great hubby who gives me what I want. If I happen to wear this engine out or blow it up, he'll fix it or get me a new car. Hate me or love me, that's how we roll. hehehe

·
Registered
8 Posts

Yes a lot should change oil more often more like 5000 mi. Hope it’s not too late

·
Registered
14 Posts

Be sure you don't drive fast with a cold engine before the oil is well circulating. That, and the waste of gas are only concerns. I think there are better cars to give you the rush of quick acceleration but if you enjoy it, have at it!

·
Banned
181 Posts
Be sure you don't drive fast with a cold engine before the oil is well circulating. That, and the waste of gas are only concerns. I think there are better cars to give you the rush of quick acceleration but if you enjoy it, have at it!
I wouldn't patronize her, she said she's blown every engine she's ever had,,, not to responsible to be endangering everyone else around her in traffic completely flooring it from every stop, very immature and falsley entitled...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for your kindness. :(

·
Banned
181 Posts
Thank you for your kindness. :(
Truthfully not trying to be mean here, the way you put that comment out there looks extremely childish, immature and wreckless.. you have many people telling you it's ok do what you want and to go have fun so now you have to accept a little criticism at the same time. Roses come with thorns.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts