2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I can take criticism. That's not why I came here. But that's ok.
I love to go fast and definitely love to hear an engine rev. I do not endanger anyone else on the road and definitely not my kids.
My hubs and I both work- hard- at what we do. He is a saint for putting up with me, but we love each other madly.
It all started when I was in high school and got my license. My dad got me an older Firebird with a manual stick. It was fun and fast. I taught all my gf's to drive stick on it too. We would drag it out to the redline and just hold it there for miles and miles and laugh and laugh. It sounded so good! We wore that engine out in the first six months and my dad had it rebuilt. But we kept up having fun with it and blew it bad. It puked part out of it all over the ground.
Anyway, that's where it started, I loved the sound and the power. Ever since, I just abuse the **** out of my cars.
I don't do drugs, try to be a good mom and wife. Just have a few qwerks!

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
This whole thread seems to be an unreal querk quirk.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pretty sound advice to let the engine warm up a little after cranking from a cold start to give time for the oil to circulate and do its job of coating those metal parts, especially in colder weather, before pushing the engine to the higher RPMs.

In addition to perhaps changing oil more frequently, make sure you regularly, every fill-up?, check and top off the transmission oil and engine oil in between those changes. If you are burning either and it starts to get low, then you may risk damaging components that are not properly lubricated if those oil levels fall below their recommended levels.

·
Banned
181 Posts
Pretty sound advice to let the engine warm up a little after cranking from a cold start to give time for the oil to circulate and do its job of coating those metal parts, especially in colder weather, before pushing the engine to the higher RPMs.

In addition to perhaps changing oil more frequently, make sure you regularly, every fill-up?, check and top off the transmission oil and engine oil in between those changes. If you are burning either and it starts to get low, then you may risk damaging components that are not properly lubricated if those oil levels fall below their recommended levels.
I agree with letting the engine warm up and checking your oil on fill ups but on pacifica's you don't check the transmission fluid everytime you fill up there is no dipstick and the fill hole is down low you have to remove the left front wheel and get to it from the bottom and there's a certain procedure to checking it. Typically It's not called transmission oil is called transmission fluid.

·
Banned
181 Posts
I love to go fast and definitely love to hear an engine rev. I do not endanger anyone else on the road and definitely not my kids.
My hubs and I both work- hard- at what we do. He is a saint for putting up with me, but we love each other madly.
It all started when I was in high school and got my license. My dad got me an older Firebird with a manual stick. It was fun and fast. I taught all my gf's to drive stick on it too. We would drag it out to the redline and just hold it there for miles and miles and laugh and laugh. It sounded so good! We wore that engine out in the first six months and my dad had it rebuilt. But we kept up having fun with it and blew it bad. It puked part out of it all over the ground.
Anyway, that's where it started, I loved the sound and the power. Ever since, I just abuse the **** out of my cars.

Have a nice day!

Have a nice day!

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,150 Posts
And why do you feel the need to drag up this thread that was already inactive for 30 days????? I had to moderate the thread before. Please do not make me do it again.

·
Banned
181 Posts
And why do you feel the need to drag up this thread that was already inactive for 30 days????? I had to moderate the thread before. Please do not make me do it again.
Because this is America and we can say whatever we want when we want no matter how old the thread is. People respond to old threads day in and day out. If we aren't using profanity we dont need your permission THATS WHY!!... ARE YOU OUR DAD???.. And furthermore if you feel the need to comb through and moderate Chrysler Pacifica comments than maybe you should find something else more important to do. We are big people here and don't need a moderator or a chaperone mind your own business

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring AWD Velvet Red "S"
140 Posts
Technically, a Canadian firm owns this site,
VerticalScope, in Toronto.

I see both sides of this coin, though.

·
Banned
181 Posts
Technically, a Canadian firm owns this site,
VerticalScope, in Toronto.

I see both sides of this coin, though.
Yeah the nerve that some Moderator is going to make a comment on why someone Revisited a past thread from 30 days ago and that they're going to Moderate it again like were a bunch of children in trouble that have to watch what we say on a Pacifica minivan site lol.!!! Obviously someone that can't get a real job that needs to mind their own business around here and quit eaves dropping like this is a federal presidential site or something lol..

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L plus
43 Posts
The corporate Pentastar 3.6L engine is a total work horse with 10s of millions out in the field. Driving any car hard will result in additional wear and tear on the moving parts in ANY car. Bearings and belts will definitely feel it. It the engine is heating up way too much the seals will feel it. Hard cornering and you suspension will start telling you it's not 2 happy. But that's a consioncious choice. Personally I don't like doing it something this big and heavy ... something small like a miata definitely yes. Oil changes, transmission flush, brake flush intervals will be a lot shorter. Check for leaks and underhood noises to replace tensioners, belts and seals. If you are going to drive it like a sports car you have to take care of it just like a sports car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm a combustion engineer and actually did some projects involving the Pentastar engine. With what you're describing, it's fine. The engine is designed to do that, anyway. However, as you are probably quite aware, you'll be running quite poor MPG. But other than that, I can't think of any issues. As long as you follow the recommended service internal and guideline in the manual, you'll be fine. No need to overthink things.

Whenever we design a new engine or vehicle, we put it under stress tests that are much more intense and harsh compared to what the average buyer does.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Make sure the engine is warm before you beat on it.

Maybe change the oil more often than 10k as insurance.

Beyond that drive it.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts