2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this: 2020 Chrysler Pacifica | Cargo Mat and Trunk Liner for Cars SUVs and Minivans | WeatherTech

The cargo protector fits nicely. It looks good. My issue is with the bumper protector. It is rather thin material. What really bothers me about it though is that it does not cover the whole width of the bumper. There is not physical reason to make it narrow. Its like wearing half a face mask. There is no way its worth $40

Ideally it would be a little wider than the opening so that covers the sides of the hatch opening as well.
2020-07-30 11.03.31-small.jpg

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well, I like mine. It is thin, so it does not interfere with stowing the seat.
I have not been troubled by it not being wider.
I think it is a great idea.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I like mine. It is thin, so it does not interfere with stowing the seat.
I have not been troubled by it not being wider.
I think it is a great idea.
I agree the idea is great. My 20 year old Honda Odyssey that this replaced had an identity crisis. It didn't know if it was a van or a truck. I guess I abused it more than most people. I was hoping that the protector covered the whole bumper. Maybe I can sew on some wings to it.

I'm still looking for something to protect the area behind the 2nd row, when the third row is stowed. I want to protect the interior side panels when I carry 4x8 plywood and the like. The 4knines protectors are close, but not quite wide enough.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I also have a CarGo apron - x-large. Love it. Has sides, folds flat, waterproof, quite tough, but not great for padding, contains all messes. When done hauling, I lay it it driveway, hose it off, let it dry, fold it up and ready for next time. Takes little space and does the job.
I keep it in a box with a couple blankets(for padding) a bunch of bungee cords and ratchet ties and I'm ready for nearly all chores.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have a CarGo apron - x-large. Love it. Has sides, folds flat, waterproof, quite tough, but not great for padding, contains all messes. When done hauling, I lay it it driveway, hose it off, let it dry, fold it up and ready for next time. Takes little space and does the job.
I keep it in a box with a couple blankets(for padding) a bunch of bungee cords and ratchet ties and I'm ready for nearly all chores.

That looks interesting. I like the suction cups to keep it in place. It would be nice if it was a bit thicker, but then it would take up more space. Outdoor carpet would be tough enough, but a pain to store. I suppose I could cut carpet into hinged origami sections. If I want to fit 4x8 sheets of plywood, there is not a lot room to play with on the sides.

Thanks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I carried 6 4x8 sheets of plywood. I had the carGo apron down, but as you noted, not much impact protection. I put lengths of vinyl siding vertically between plywood and apron - the siding is thin, but nearly indestructible. Just need it from end of door openings back, the door openings are wider... I don't keep the siding pieces in the van - too bulky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I carried 6 4x8 sheets of plywood. I had the carGo apron down, but as you noted, not much impact protection. I put lengths of vinyl siding vertically between plywood and apron - the siding is thin, but nearly indestructible. Just need it from end of door openings back, the door openings are wider... I don't keep the siding pieces in the van - too bulky.
Thanks. I looked for ones with more padding. There are a bunch marketed towards pet owners, but nothing that is long enough. I went ahead an ordered the CarGo Apron liner. I looked at getting some thermoplastic that I could mold to the sides. That could work, but don't have time to fiddle with it now. The vinyl siding sounds like a good solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts