2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 8-passenger TL+ and I ordered Weathertech floor mats from Cabelas when they were on sale. My ideal seat configuration is 1 middle row seat stowed, middle seat and other outboard seat available and third row fully available. The floor mat for the 2nd and 3rd row is all one piece and looks like it only works if the middle seat is removed and no seats are stowed. Are there all weather mats available that are a little more flexible to accommodate this configuration? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My understanding with the weathertech mats is that you have to trim the center of the mat for the middle seat in the second row for it to work. That is what they tell you on their website, and I called them to confirm this, because we love the weathertech mats and just ordered them for our new 8 passenger Touring +.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i just got ours installed 2 days ago. we also have the 8 seater. you have to cut out that squarish hole in the middle so that 8th seat will go in. it took me about 30 seconds with a razor knife to cut it out... just trim on the INSIDE of the rounded edge. bam therre you go. i kept the trimed out part, figured when i havt to stow everything i cal put the cut part in the hole to protect that carpeted spot just in case...

first pic is before cutout, second pic is after cutout and with middle seat installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you are flexible and not stuck on WeatherTech, then Mopar has a Chrysler OEM Mat with Chrysler logo that comes in 3 pieces for the rear and you dont use the middle piece in the 8 seat configuration. I have a PACHY and I like the mats.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you are flexible and not stuck on WeatherTech, then Mopar has a Chrysler OEM Mat with Chrysler logo that comes in 3 pieces for the rear and you dont use the middle piece in the 8 seat configuration. I have a PACHY and I like the mats.

i think the issue most have with those mats is they are super fugly LOL. if they gave em to me id sell them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i just got ours installed 2 days ago. we also have the 8 seater. you have to cut out that squarish hole in the middle so that 8th seat will go in. it took me about 30 seconds with a razor knife to cut it out... just trim on the INSIDE of the rounded edge. bam therre you go. i kept the trimed out part, figured when i havt to stow everything i cal put the cut part in the hole to protect that carpeted spot just in case...

first pic is before cutout, second pic is after cutout and with middle seat installed.

Exactly, I kept the cut out for the middle seat and have it where one of the other outer seats would be (we have one outer seat towed away). It works perfect.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Considering buying this WeatherTech set. Doubt we would use the stow-n-go feature of the 2nd row very often (1 kid in car seat currently w/ 2nd due in 2 weeks). Also considering buying the stow-n-go buckets that fit in that space. How difficult or how much hassle is it to lift these over to be able to access that compartment? Also interested in a rear cargo liner (behind 3rd row). Read some issues with the liner edges needing trimming and/or catching when stowing/un-stowing the 3rd row.

@byrman - What sort of experience have you had with your setup?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Considering buying this WeatherTech set. Doubt we would use the stow-n-go feature of the 2nd row very often (1 kid in car seat currently w/ 2nd due in 2 weeks). Also considering buying the stow-n-go buckets that fit in that space. How difficult or how much hassle is it to lift these over to be able to access that compartment? Also interested in a rear cargo liner (behind 3rd row). Read some issues with the liner edges needing trimming and/or catching when stowing/un-stowing the 3rd row.....
I received my 3rd seat(behind)cargo liner from WeatherTech and it fits my Limited very well. Stored the seats and left them down for about an hour and brought them back up. No problem with the liner getting stuck to the seat.
And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my 8 seater weather tech liner, I just cut "flaps" for the center seat hooks, and "T" shaped slots for the rear connectors, figured if it didn't work I could still cut out the oval. So far so good, particularly because we typically have the center seat removed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my 8 seater weather tech liner, I just cut "flaps" for the center seat hooks, and "T" shaped slots for the rear connectors, figured if it didn't work I could still cut out the oval. So far so good, particularly because we typically have the center seat removed.
Can you please post a pic of the cuts you made. This is exactly what I was hoping to do.

The other option mentioned by WeatherTech rep was to cut 3 sides (front and 2 sides) of the center piece making 1 large flap that would rest against the back of the seat when seat is installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts