2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
321 - 340 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Maximum Steel Pacifica Hybrid Limited
85 Posts
This probably won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I had an extra set of OEM side marker lights painted (body color) & finally got around to installing them
Is that legal?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
970 Posts
Is that legal?
Not in the USA

In the United States, side marker lights became a requirement on January 1, 1968, for vehicles that exceed 80 inches in length, including large buses and trucks. This requirement was extended on January 1,1969, for all other vehicles, including trailers, multi-purpose vehicles, motorcycles, cars and small trucks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not in the USA

In the United States, side marker lights became a requirement on January 1, 1968, for vehicles that exceed 80 inches in length, including large buses and trucks. This requirement was extended on January 1,1969, for all other vehicles, including trailers, multi-purpose vehicles, motorcycles, cars and small trucks.
So, since the OP is in the US...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Only illegal if your caught. Along with too dark window tint and in my state running without a front plate.
Well, that's not true. It is illegal either way. No consequences per se if you aren't caught.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Say hello to an unenjoyably loud ride now as that thing rattles on the rack as you’re driving down the highway
All of mine have been completely silent. 07 HHR with Yakima Skybox 16 mounted on the roof for 14 years. 95 Pathfinder with Yakima Sportcase 11 and Rack mounted for 25 years. 2021 Pinnacle Yakima Showcase is only used when needed so as not to block the glass roof. If it did not have a glass roof it would not be removed when not used. No wind or other noise issues with any of them.

·
Banned
2020 Voyager LXi 2018 Pacifica Touring Plus
85 Posts
All of mine have been completely silent. 07 HHR with Yakima Skybox 16 mounted on the roof for 14 years. 95 Pathfinder with Yakima Sportcase 11 and Rack mounted for 25 years. 2021 Pinnacle Yakima Showcase is only used when needed so as not to block the glass roof. If it did not have a glass roof it would not be removed when not used. No wind or other noise issues with any of them.
Ok 🤣

·
Registered
160 Posts
Say hello to an unenjoyably loud ride now as that thing rattles on the rack as you’re driving down the highway
You scared me as that is a major concern of mine. Just did a test run and could not hear it. It was empty though. I'll load it up and test again. If it makes noise, it is going back.

·
Registered
2018 Limited (S)
39 Posts
Nice fitment. How much did you drop it down? And what kind of coilover did you use?
I didn't really measure how much of a drop it was, but it's noticable, 2 finger gap.
This is the default height or rather the pre-configured setting that the coilovers came with. I could have easily (easily, lol, with my luck) have raised or lowered the car before installing these coilovers further than where it sits.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Billet Silver Pacifica S
80 Posts
Ordered two new tires at just 13,800 miles. Front tires wore on the outside edges and rear tires were cupping on the inside. The tires are to be here next week and then another alignment check.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It was finally warm enough to install my
Dawn Enterprises RBP-017 Rear Bumper Protector
that I purchased at the end of last year. It is kind of hard to believe a bumper protector isn't standard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
test run with it loaded at 60-65
I have the Skybox 21 and drove 1,100 miles with it right after buying it. I didn't notice a discernable noise increase. If there was, my radio easily blocked it out (at low volume). Maybe the internal noise cancelling helped as well. Overall I'm really happy with the purchase.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

321 - 340 of 369 Posts