2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Me, I deodorized ours. Word of caution, putting bags of groceries between the first and second rows of seats is not the best ideal. Too lazy to open the tailgate, I just dumped a few bags on the floor behind the driver's seat. Yesterday morning, the stench in the vehicle was gagging us. Turns out that a package of chicken livers slipped out of the bag and under the second row seat. Fortunately, it landed top side up, but the gasses created by the rotting meat, popped the top and let out not only the foul (yeah, pun) odor, but some of the juice leaked onto the carpet as well. Cleaned the spill off of the carpet, sprayed everything with Fabreeze to no avail. Got a heavy-duty deodorizing spray that masked things for about 10 nanoseconds. Finally found a McQuires spray bomb, turn on the air full and recirculate, set the bomb off and let it go for 15 minutes, come back and air the vehicle out for another 10 minutes. This morning, all was fine, still get that sweet "new car smell" from the deodorizer but it's 10000% better than rotting chicken parts....

All groceries go in the back in the basket and chest that I put back there just for that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Me, I deodorized ours. Word of caution, putting bags of groceries between the first and second rows of seats is not the best ideal. Too lazy to open the tailgate, I just dumped a few bags on the floor behind the driver's seat. Yesterday morning, the stench in the vehicle was gagging us. Turns out that a package of chicken livers slipped out of the bag and under the second row seat. Fortunately, it landed top side up, but the gasses created by the rotting meat, popped the top and let out not only the foul (yeah, pun) odor, but some of the juice leaked onto the carpet as well. Cleaned the spill off of the carpet, sprayed everything with Fabreeze to no avail. Got a heavy-duty deodorizing spray that masked things for about 10 nanoseconds. Finally found a McQuires spray bomb, turn on the air full and recirculate, set the bomb off and let it go for 15 minutes, come back and air the vehicle out for another 10 minutes. This morning, all was fine, still get that sweet "new car smell" from the deodorizer but it's 10000% better than rotting chicken parts....

All groceries go in the back in the basket and chest that I put back there just for that.

Sorry to hear that happened, but at least you we're able to maintain that new car smell....I just put down the all weather mats and now I'm set for any spills, drops, mud, etc..guess it could help with keeping items in place...it's a good investment...:smile2:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sorry to hear that happened, but at least you we're able to maintain that new car smell....I just put down the all weather mats and now I'm set for any spills, drops, mud, etc..guess it could help with keeping items in place...it's a good investment...:smile2:
Somehow, no one has yet been able to achieve that "new car smell" out of a spray can, bottle or hanging thingy. We still have a bit of a strange smell coming from the air vents even after getting rid of the chicken smell, and so I went to the store to maybe pick up something to deal with that. McGuire's deodorizers have a "scratch and smell" pad on the box, so I tired it, and found that the strange smell is really their interpretation of what a new car smell is. I tried (scratch and smell) their "fresh air" and "woods" versions and I think I'll just put up with the way it is for now, knowing that they can't duplicate a real new car smell, and adding more deodorizer isn't the solution to getting rid of the smell of another deodorizer.

Oh, what did I do to my Pacifica yesterday? Well, I did touch up those few little dings where I bumped into our stucco post, not once, but twice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got our new van a fresh set of winter shoes.

Ironically, we don't even have the car yet! Pickup happens Monday or Tuesday. We're excited!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got our ResistAll Teflon applied, alarm enhancement installed, all weather mats installed, Pacifica door sill protector installed and added a Darth Vader baby on board sticker!

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Got our new van a fresh set of winter shoes
Good choice. I got the same wheels, but went with Michelin tires. I think they'll look great on the van.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Got our new van a fresh set of winter shoes.

Ironically, we don't even have the car yet! Pickup happens Monday or Tuesday. We're excited!
If you don't mind me asking where did you get the wheels? What brand and size and what was the price?

·
Registered
22 Posts
What kind of wheels do you have there? They look great!

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&winter=0&initialPartNumber=W19259004BMF&wheelMake=MSW&wheelModel=Type+48&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent&autoMake=Chrysler&autoModel=Pacifica&autoYear=2017&autoModClar=Limited+Platinum&tire=355TR9DMV2XL

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bought an extra set and powder coated gloss black......
So you're the one that bought those.. :grin2:

I had been looking at them. You can see that they were from a Chrysler test vehicle, as they still have the manufacturer's license plate number written on them. Hopefully all of that will clean off though.

·
Banned
106 Posts
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&winter=0&initialPartNumber=W19259004BMF&wheelMake=MSW&wheelModel=Type+48&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent&autoMake=Chrysler&autoModel=Pacifica&autoYear=2017&autoModClar=Limited+Platinum&tire=355TR9DMV2XL
Those are some oem+ looking wheels. Those would look amazing on the Pacifica. A nice subtle but noticeable and effective difference.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Congrats on the buy, i was ready to pull the trigger on that same set but shipping was ridiculous.:frown2:
He actually accepted the 650.00 I offered and then 200.00 for shipping which is really what it is. So 850.00 I feel for a set of OEM already powdercoated wheels and tires with 95% tread was a great deal. I will put them on when I get all the chrome wrapped in gloss black.

As far as what I did today was I got to pick up my delivered van! Happy!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
He actually accepted the 650.00 I offered and then 200.00 for shipping which is really what it is. So 850.00 I feel for a set of OEM already powdercoated wheels and tires with 95% tread was a great deal. I will put them on when I get all the chrome wrapped in gloss black.

As far as what I did today was I got to pick up my delivered van! Happy!!!!
Good deal, Shipping to Hawaii would have been triple that...it should look nice after you wrap all the chrome. :cool:

21 - 40 of 143 Posts