2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what these wires feed? It has an inline 3 amp fuse and reads 12-14V. They are located under the drivers side lower dash panel and run up towards the interior light switch assembly and then head toward the steering wheel. Any idea what they feed?

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
pull the fuse and see what happens. Looks like a poorly installed aftermarket immobilizer.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
235 Posts
Looks like a GPS tracker. Is the vehicle financed? Many finance companies require GPS trackers be installed in case the owner defaults on the payments, then they can easily reposes it.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
511 Posts
Defiantly not factory. The black box in the upper left looks like there might be writing on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,028 Posts
Looks like some kind of dealer installed aftermarket gps tracking system or alarm. Usually part of some dealer mark up ploy to go along with window tint and nitrogen fill.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a 2021 Pacifica S, AWD. Bought brand new off the lot. Only had 22 miles when I test drove it.
I want to pull the lower dash off to look closer but I’m afraid to break it. Is the lower dash panel hard to remove?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
511 Posts
I’m just saying the black box Hanging loose and the way the extra wire is bundled with what looks wire twist tie not something they would do at the factory. My guess as others have said it’s part of something your dealer installed. Others have speculated a GPS tracker so if they were to need to do a repossession they will know exactly where it is. Other things dealers like to install are alarms and remote starters. I would ask the dealer about it. If it is a GPS tracker you can’t remove it until it’s paid off.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid
235 Posts
If it is a GPS tracker you can’t remove it until it’s paid off.
That is only if his contract says it needs to be there. The dealer may install them on all the cars, but finance companies may only put it in th econtract for those with lower credit ratings.The are cheap now days. If it is like most, and has a sim card. Go test drive a similar car from the same dealer, and swap the SIM cards.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
You should absolutely have a serious discussion with your dealership. I read in a forum few years ago when a dealership installed something like this which couldn’t be removed easily, the owner contacted the manufacturer who apparently removed the factory warranty on that car promptly since a critical component was compromised.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts