2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Is this a hobby or is this a profession? Sounds like a lot of work either way. I noticed the amount of information you include in your signature. Nice :smile2:
It is a hobby most of the time, but becomes a profession when my wife is hired to be the event secretary for scent work trials (I am her tech guy and gopher). We will travel out of state for the hobby, but only local for the profession.

Regarding the tire step, that sounds like a great idea to reach areas near the rear of the cargo carrier, but I would need longer arms to reach the middle or the front from there. Maybe I could take some gorilla pills before heading out.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
It is a hobby most of the time, but becomes a profession when my wife is hired to be the event secretary for scent work trials (I am her tech guy and gopher). We will travel out of state for the hobby, but only local for the profession.

Regarding the tire step, that sounds like a great idea to reach areas near the rear of the cargo carrier, but I would need longer arms to reach the middle or the front from there. Maybe I could take some gorilla pills before heading out.
You're right, the tire step would probably be more useful accessing a box on a smaller vehicle than a Pacifica.
Maybe you could open a van door and step on the door frame to reach the other areas (or possibly all areas). A compact step ladder is probably a good option (if you have room for it) if you can't reach an area easily. It also depends on what type of things you put in the cargo box. See where the cargo box hinges are (back or one/both sides) to help determine accessibility. It appears that some boxes have a way to open from either side, so that might help if reaching from a doorway.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts