2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
The weathertechs mats are the way to go, we did the mopar ones with our van and then weathertechs for my MILs van. I wish we would have waited, but the weathertechs weren’t available when we bought ours.
If you don’t have HID headlights, go to headlight revolution and pick up a pair of one of their recommended bulbs, you will not be disappointed.
Tinting, yes, I had the appointment made for our vans tint before we even finished signing papers.
Seat protectors
These have served me well from amazon:

Glangels
4.8 out of 5 stars 366 Reviews
Car Seat Protector Under Baby Carseat- Extra Padded for XL Size Car Seat-Waterproof&Durable Premium Materials-Extra Large Storage Pocket - Prevents Dirt and Damage on Leather Car Seat(Grey)

As for car care, go to auto geek and buy anything that sonax carries, sign up for their emails and you will get 15-25% off throughout the year. They have a very user friendly ceramic coating that I have used with great results, but the site has all manner of car care chemicals, so poke around and have fun. Jump on YouTube and check out ammonyc for Larry’s videos on car care, all great stuff:

Start here:

And enjoy, but don’t stress too much when you get your first ding or your kids spill stuff, it can all be fixed and cleaned. Just enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Touring, 3/20 build, VIN 204318, Velvet Red Pearl
41 Posts
I'd love to see a picture of it in your car. The pictures on most of the sites for mats don't show it in the Pacifica. Going off the measurements from the web site, it didn't see a good fit, but it sounds like I'm wrong.

Thanks
Here's a picture of the mat after removing the kayaks. Quite a bit of sand and gravel on it. We just took it out and shook it over the flower bed and good to go. It is machine washable as well.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
So now I have to call the dealer and tell them a fix is ready? How come Chrysler is not calling them? Chrysler instructed them to keep my car, but can't tell them a fix is available? How is that possible? Another part of this process is very inconvient. Chrysler can help by having the proper procedures in place to communicate with the dealer.
The dealers know there is a fix. I think you are misunderstanding what is being said.
There is a fix, the dealer were told last week, parts were sent last week.

Kaitlin
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
619 Posts
So now I have to call the dealer and tell them a fix is ready? How come Chrysler is not calling them? Chrysler instructed them to keep my car, but can't tell them a fix is available? How is that possible? Another part of this process is very inconvient. Chrysler can help by having the proper procedures in place to communicate with the dealer.
Don’t count on it. I took my van in for the inspection several weeks ago. It passed the inspection but I’ve called the dealer 4 times and the service department is clueless. They keep telling me no part is required since it passed the inspection. Today I talked with the parts department and finally got somebody who knows what they’re talking about. He acknowledged that the van does, indeed, still need to have the gasket installed. He says he will order it and let me know when it’s in.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
40 Posts
View attachment 44192
Here's a picture of the mat after removing the kayaks. Quite a bit of sand and gravel on it. We just took it out and shook it over the flower bed and good to go. It is machine washable as well.
Thanks. Those are bigger than I thought. It would be nice to have more on the sides, but for most stuff it would fine. If I hadn't already ordered, I would have gone for the 4Knines.

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. Luxury White Pearl - SafetyTec - UConnect Theater & Sound - Sun Roof
40 Posts
I got my Tux mats today. The factory ones are down below them:

They come with clips to hold them in. I only used a couple, as the weather turned on me. I didn't want to be re-installing the middle seats in the rain.

I like how the mat overlays the door sill. I also like the physical feel of them was well. The WeatherTech ones are hard rubber. These are soft.

On the driver's side there is a catch to keep the mat from moving. I'll add another clip or two when the weather is nicer. Hard to see here, but the dead peddle is completely covered. That will keep stuff out from under the mat. I put my left foot there often. I don't want to make a mess if I've been in the mud. I went for a quick trip around the block. It seems to stay in place.

The 2nd and third row are two pieces. One piece would have been nicer, but it should be fine. No clips in these yet either. Thunder in the distance.

Passenger side is the same as the driver's, sans the floor attachment clip.

Quick picture before I put the second row seats back in.

With the seats in. No problem with the mats interfering with putting the seats back in.

One last picture, looking forward from the second row.

So there you have it. Hopefully this helps people decide if Tux mats are for them or not. I like them so far. We'll see how they hold up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
WeatherTech mats don't fully cover your left foot rest. Dirt, rain, snow, mud will just fall from your boots underneath the WeatherTech mat from your left foot.

Try the 3DMaxPider.

You may qualify for a tax rebate for home installation of a level 2 charging station before the end of 2020:

·
Registered
468 Posts
The footrest being uncovered is a large turn-off with the WTs. What’s the point if there’s not coverage on a place that is meant for your dirty, wet shoe?

I’ve got the Tux Mats. Really pleased after the first winter with them. My wife has the MaxPiders in her car, and they’re nice, too. Very different in texture from the Tuxes.

My advice for a new owner? Get to know your van. There are a ton of less than obvious features and a fair number of head-scratching quirks. The time spent learning them, along with understanding the hybrid system, is worth the investment.

·
Registered
2018 Limited | Velvet Red Pearl, Black/ Diesel| Build date 06/2018
61 Posts
As we were finalizing the new-to-us Pac, I was already working on mods lists (Amazon wishlist already filling up!). 3DMaxpider were ordered on day one and I installed those immediately. I also tossed in a maxliner cargo mat for behind the 3rd row.

Next up is tint, I'll probably go with the rear bumper cover too, and I've been tossing around the idea of some under-the-chin protection.

As you can tell, my main focus is protecting as much of the vehicle as possible since I usually keep my cars 10-13 years. When shopping, I would check under the vans and I saw SO many had damage under the front bumper/airdam from hitting curbs, wheels-stops etc.

I’ll probably throw on some Mopar splash guards as they are inexpensive and easy to install.

Since my Limited has HID headlights and LED fogs, I’m going to swap in some LEDs for the highbeams, front indicators and rears as well. Whenever one of the HIDs goes out, I'll put in some better D3S'.

·
Registered
21 Posts
A big hello and thank you to everyone for all the prior posts and discussion- this board has been incredibly helpful in our journey to purchase a Pacifica. And we just took delivery of our 2020 Limited Hybrid - happy to be joining the club!

We're coming from junkers (manual crank windows) and have been slow to pull the trigger to go with this van (see previous about junkers...we don't like nice things lol). It just arrived yesterday and we couldn't be more excited.

The ask...what do you wish you had done for your Pacifica from the start? Or what thing have you done that you've been so happy that you've done? Essentially... what advice might you have for some folks upgrading from crank windows to this incredible thing?

Here's what we have done:
  • Bought the Zeigler extended warranty (thanks for all the tips on that. We got pushed pretty hard by the finance manager to do some not-as-great add-ons.)
  • Bought the sportwing bumper cover
Here's what we plan to do:
  • Get the car tinted (we have the pano sunroof, so that too)
  • Purchase floor mats (jury is still out on which ones we'll do, leaning towards weathertech)
Here's what we might do:
  • Install a level 2 charger
  • Apply seat conditioner/protector
  • Wax the outside
  • Purchase seat protectors for car seats (some reviews indicate that ones from Amazon stains the seats. Anyone done the weathertech ones?)
This is also the first new car we've ever had... so any random tidbits, throw them our way! Must-have products, must-have routines (washing/waxing), must-have maintenance, cool stuff you'd wished you had done from the beginning etc. We'd appreciate any thoughts or advice you have! Also obligatory... first time post, take it easy on me :)

View attachment 44179 View attachment 44180
Weathertech floor mats and the level 2 charger!!!!!! Shirley from VA

·
Registered
4 Posts
WeatherTech mats don't fully cover your left foot rest. Dirt, rain, snow, mud will just fall from your boots underneath the WeatherTech mat from your left foot.

Try the 3DMaxPider.

You may qualify for a tax rebate for home installation of a level 2 charging station before the end of 2020:

We got the 3DMaxpider. for the front seats and it covers the dead pedal really well. It also snaps in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
@AndyH Thank you so much for the thorough pics! Those look really nice and really blend in nicely with the rest of the van. I like that it covers the spot by the door too...especially in the back. I'm very nervous about that spot getting very scuffed up, I sort of wish it were the black to match the carpets. Very helpful in making our decision...I also think the material and look seem like a better fit for us than the WTs.

@GlenP and @AridLoraine Yes! I was interested in the 3DMaxpiders initially... but on the couple places I looked to buy they seemed to only be for the gas version. Do you have them in your hybrids? Anything weird you needed to modify?

Also great tip about the Level 2 charger incentive @GlenP. We want two EVs and realistically could get by on one level 1 charger shared between them... but man it would be slick to have a level 1 and a level 2. @Smurph - You're definitely making me want that level 2 :)

@RC Mike Thanks for the thoughts and tips. We've both got the manual downloaded on our phones and are trying to work through it. I had that feeling of really needing to get to know the van when the first night we took it out I thought... hmm how do I turn the lights on?! :LOL:

If anyone knows any youtube videos or podcasts that would help us on our mission to further get to know it... I'd be interested. I can often listen to things more easily at work instead of reading. I know there are videos on the mopar website that I've also started working through.

@SCPacifica Thanks! How are you liking the maxliner in the cargo spot? It seems like folks have gone a couple different directions with the cargo area. I'm definitely curious if you end up doing anything under the chin, keep us posted! And finally...I've seen this come up a lot on the forum, but why are the headlights such a point of discussion for swapping out the bulbs? What is wrong with the ones it comes with? Mind you, I'm coming from a car with crank windows... so I'm not used to all these fancy things lol. :ROFLMAO:

@Tsuter Thanks for the video and product recommendations! I was reading an article from consumer reports about maintaining your new vehicle and it mentioned trying to wash it once a week! If I did it once a quarter, I'd consider that a success! Do you have the black or alloy seats? I'm nervous about the seat protectors damaging the leather. I'll have to check those out! And agreed about just enjoying it... it's hard when it's so new and shiny... but she's meant to be driven and things will happen!

Hopefully taking her to a tint shop this weekend!

·
Registered
2018 Limited | Velvet Red Pearl, Black/ Diesel| Build date 06/2018
61 Posts
[...I've seen this come up a lot on the forum, but why are the headlights such a point of discussion for swapping out the bulbs? What is wrong with the ones it comes with? Mind you, I'm coming from a car with crank windows... so I'm not used to all these fancy things lol. :ROFLMAO:
Short answer is, I've been modding the lights on my cars since 2000, so it's a hobby and interest of mine. When it comes to lighting I want my car to dump as much light on the road as possible (maintaining beam pattern of course) and some OEM parts can use the upgrade. Upgrading to LEDs for me adds way more light on the road, a more white color [for the highs anyway] and yes the cool instant on/off effect.

When it comes to the OEM HID capsules, there are aftermarket options made by reputable companies like Philips and Osram that way increase output. The NightBreaker series by Osram for example is what I'm going to get once the OEM die.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
481 Posts
And finally...I've seen this come up a lot on the forum, but why are the headlights such a point of discussion for swapping out the bulbs? What is wrong with the ones it comes with?
In the 70's, I was doing competitive car rallies. The big ones were run over night over back roads, at brisk speeds. We needed all the light we could throw out. A few of us found that we could take the landing light from a Piper Cub and it fit perfectly in the 5 inch high beam pots. Obviously this was only used during competition. ;)

Reactions: panoguy

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would definitely do the Level 2 charger - it's my family car so on any given day they'll go out twice (or did before the pandemic) so being able to go out and come home using little or no gas, charging for an hour and going out again is a great thing. Oddly enough, this year we've added gas a couple times just b/c the conditioning came up on the dash (ran through 3/4's of a tank, and another half tank to keep it good).

Instead of just waxing the vehicle, go take a look at a ceramic coating. I'd recommend Adam's Polishes Ceramic Coating kit. It's a good price and will protect the car for a lot longer than a wax. Recommended that you go through and do a strip wash (remove wax, debris), IronX, Claybar, and possibly some spot correction before installing the ceramic coating.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts