2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a Limited with the 8 passenger option. I know I'll lose the sunroof and gain 20" wheels with that option, but I don't really care about those. What else will I lose by going to 8 pax? From what I can tell in pictures, it looks like the inboard armrests on the 2nd row bucket seats are gone? Is that correct? Anything else lost?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe that is all you "lose".

Correct - no inboard seat armrests because the center seat folds down for "arm rest", cup holder, etc.

But now that you have brought up something I am also considering, I'd like an idea as to the width/comfort of the second row stow-wn-go seats in 7 PAX and 8 PAX trim.

In a previous thread it was determined that two toddler car seats in the stow-n-go seats would have to be 18"or less for a thin person to fit in the middle seat.

Pete

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just throwing it out there but I love the ability to pass through to the third row easily with the doors closed on the 7 seat configuration. That and with the tri-pane roof it feels very open inside the vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just throwing it out there but I love the ability to pass through to the third row easily with the doors closed on the 7 seat configuration. That and with the tri-pane roof it feels very open inside the vehicle.
They tried to get us to buy the 8-seat configuration when they knew we only wanted 7. You can remove the center second-row middle seat, but you not only lose the armrests, you wind up with grab bars that stand proud of the floor when the seat is taken out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see you have on carseat installed in that picture.

We have a 7 passenger with a rear-facing convertible carseat and an infant seat (base + infant carrier) installed now. It's pretty easy to get to the third row on the side of the infant seat by either tilting the seat forward prior to attaching the carrier to the base or by pushing the button to move the front seat forward to give you enough room to crawl in the middle.

Getting around the rear-facing is more of a pain. But at 20 months apart, we likely won't have both in rear-facing convertible seats for any significant length of time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They tried to get us to buy the 8-seat configuration when they knew we only wanted 7. You can remove the center second-row middle seat, but you not only lose the armrests, you wind up with grab bars that stand proud of the floor when the seat is taken out.
Yeah didn't care for the 8 seat configuration personally, the drawbacks you mention plus we just wanted the quad captain chairs for when it's just us adults riding in the van.

I see you have on carseat installed in that picture.

We have a 7 passenger with a rear-facing convertible carseat and an infant seat (base + infant carrier) installed now. It's pretty easy to get to the third row on the side of the infant seat by either tilting the seat forward prior to attaching the carrier to the base or by pushing the button to move the front seat forward to give you enough room to crawl in the middle.

Getting around the rear-facing is more of a pain. But at 20 months apart, we likely won't have both in rear-facing convertible seats for any significant length of time.
No issues getting around the car seat we have forward facing right now. Still allows the seat to tilt forward easily, I just made the point with my wife when we were looking before we purchased that she or I could easily close both sliding doors and have room to stoop or kneel beside the car seat to put our little one in if it was raining outside.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Does the roof have a solid shade that can be slid in place of you want to block out the sunroof? Reason I ask is back when we were looking for our first family vehicle we were looking at q7s and a lot of them had the glass roof but no solid sunshade. In the summer, I couldn't get enough AC to get the top 10" of the cabin cool. We ended up with one without the glass roof and it worked out great. Didn't miss it one bit.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Tsuter - Yes, the Pacifca sunroof does come with a separately powered solid sunshade.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have an old 7 seat Grand Caravan that has a short two person bench seat in the second row that leaves a very large opening to the 3rd row nearest the passenger side sliding door. Even though that configuration makes access to the third row a breeze (the kids don't have to go halfway into the van and take a ninety degree turn between seats) and leaves a nice large space near the passenger side sliding door to put bags, a cooler on long trips, etc., no vans seem to offer that anymore.

I just ordered an 8 passenger Pacifica and during general use, will keep up the second row seat behind the driver plus the center seat (approximating the short bench seat from my old Grand Caravan) and will stow-and-go the second row seat on the passenger side, making access to the third row and extra storage space ideal again. Then when an adult wants to sit in the second row or I need 8 seats, I'll just pop up the other second row seat.

I'm happy.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have an old 7 seat Grand Caravan that has a short two person bench seat in the second row that leaves a very large opening to the 3rd row nearest the passenger side sliding door. Even though that configuration makes access to the third row a breeze (the kids don't have to go halfway into the van and take a ninety degree turn between seats) and leaves a nice large space near the passenger side sliding door to put bags, a cooler on long trips, etc., no vans seem to offer that anymore.

I just ordered an 8 passenger Pacifica and during general use, will keep up the second row seat behind the driver plus the center seat (approximating the short bench seat from my old Grand Caravan) and will stow-and-go the second row seat on the passenger side, making access to the third row and extra storage space ideal again. Then when an adult wants to sit in the second row or I need 8 seats, I'll just pop up the other second row seat.

I'm happy.
That is a pretty good idea. I had not thought of using the 8 seater in the 7 seat configuration you mentioned.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you wind up with grab bars that stand proud of the floor when the seat is taken out.
Does anyone have any pictures of those grab bars with the center seat removed? Just wondering what that looks like. I'm thinking that we'll probably have the center seat removed most of the time, but want the option of seating an additional person if needed (when the kids have friends with us).

Any opinions on how well the seat belt in the 2nd row middle seat works? I tried the seat belt in the 3rd row center seat, and I didn't like it's position at all. It comes down from the ceiling and goes right across my throat. It should really have a guide on the back of the seat to go through and position it. I assume the same is true for the 2nd row middle seat?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures of those grab bars with the center seat removed? Just wondering what that looks like. I'm thinking that we'll probably have the center seat removed most of the time, but want the option of seating an additional person if needed (when the kids have friends with us).

Any opinions on how well the seat belt in the 2nd row middle seat works? I tried the seat belt in the 3rd row center seat, and I didn't like it's position at all. It comes down from the ceiling and goes right across my throat. It should really have a guide on the back of the seat to go through and position it. I assume the same is true for the 2nd row middle seat?
I don't, but from what I remember, there were three or four of them, around 3/8" U-shaped steel about 3" wide and stood about 1" off the floor. Not only ugly, but an invite for someone to trip on. The other thing is, when you remove the center seat (it doesn't store in the floor), where do you store it? My opinion, if you need the 8 seats, then leave it in place, if you keep it out more than in, then just buy the 7-seater.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't, but from what I remember, there were three or four of them, around 3/8" U-shaped steel about 3" wide and stood about 1" off the floor. Not only ugly, but an invite for someone to trip on. The other thing is, when you remove the center seat (it doesn't store in the floor), where do you store it? My opinion, if you need the 8 seats, then leave it in place, if you keep it out more than in, then just buy the 7-seater.
You get a glimpse of them here:

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You get a glimpse of them here: https://youtu.be/1BMRJLSr7hw
Thanks, that's helpful! I'm not too concerned about the anchor points....they don't look terrible. I am a little concerned about the roof mounted seat belt for that seat though. Without anything to position it, it seams like it would go across the neck or face of the person sitting in that seat, depending on their size.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is a pretty good idea. I had not thought of using the 8 seater in the 7 seat configuration you mentioned.
Considered that as well, but the tri-pano really takes the feel of sitting in a claustrophobic box in the back. It might have been the dark upholstery but in our tests, the "luxury" feel of the Pacifica was lost without the roof. We'll live with 7-seater :smile2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
8 passenger vs Sunroof

I know that the 8 passenger seating option deletes the sunroof. Does it removes only the passenger area sunroof? Will the driver sunroof still be installed with the 8 passenger option?

Thanks for your replies.

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi BizRider. Welcome to the forum! I've merged your thread into this one that discusses what you lose when opting for the 8 passenger configuration. To answer your question, there is no sunroof at all with the 8 passenger. Just a completely solid roof.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts