2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ordered our Pachy yesterday and i opted to not get the $600 floor mat option.

I found this, https://moparonlineparts.com/chrysler-pacifica-rubber-mats-hybrid-p-7208.html they look pretty good for $208. I was going to check weathertech.

My wife and I will almost always have the 3rd row seats stowed, so I was hoping to get something that would cover that whole back area.

Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have never regretted paying extra for Weathertech, since they outlast any other floormat I have ever had.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've been very happy with the WeatherTech so far. 7200 miles and most of those from roadtrips with 2 little kids. I'm not crazy about how the middle section isn't joined all the way around the center seats, but definitely not a dealbreaker for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got the Weathertech for the 2nd/3rd rows (only molded option for the Hybrid other than the Mopar ones with poor coverage,) Maxliners for the front seats, and a cheap ProZ flimsy rubber thing for the cargo area. My biggest problem with the Weathertech is they are just too expensive, and not discounted anywhere. They may not cover under the second row seats, but they still cover better than anything else available for the Hybrid. The Maxliners in the front are just as nice if not nicer. I ended up getting them all in the same order from AutoAnything, and the 20 off 200 coupon code that wouldn't apply to the Maxliners or WeatherTech applied to the cheap cargo mat.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm thinking of doing the 2nd-3rd rows with weathertech and the front either husky or the 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats. I can't quite decide which will be better up front.

I heard the husky is more rubber, but i think either would probably hold up for a long time....Its hard to say from pictures which has more coverage.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i'm thinking of doing the 2nd-3rd rows with weathertech and the front either husky or the 3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats
What's wrong with simply making everything weathertech? They can't be beat, maybe a tad expensive but for the protection well worth the money. More rubber does not equal more protection. Weathertech GUARANTEES proper fit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What's wrong with simply making everything weathertech? They can't be beat, maybe a tad expensive but for the protection well worth the money. More rubber does not equal more protection. Weathertech GUARANTEES proper fit.
I'm doing the same thing as Steffen707... because:
  1. The weathertech front drivers mat doesn't cover the entire driver's left foot rest.
  2. I like the look and feel better on the 3D Maxpider Kagu ... my friend got a set for his car and it's a lot nicer looking (and feels better under your feet) than hard plastic or rubber.
  3. Getting the weathertech for the 2nd/3rd because they don't have a 3D for the hybrid yet... and it appears the 3D for the ICE lacks some containment lips in a couple of areas. If that wasn't the case then I would have ordered the 3D's for the back as well.

·
Registered
316 Posts
+1 for the Weathertechs in the Hybrid for 2nd and 3rd combined. No other choice for the PacHy other than Mopar which doesn't provide the same coverage. Side sections don't get much travel vs. the centre, so the separation there isn't a big deal for us. You'll get a better deal if you get a whole set of Weathertechs. BTW we have a Husky rear cargo liner. Similar great quality as Weathertech.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My van was optioned with the factory floor mats and I love them. If I didn't have them I would absolutely go with the weathertech. However, it seems the rear Weathertech mat is one piece and may make it even more difficult to access the stow-n-go storage areas (non-hybrid). It's difficult with the Mopar mats, but not impossible. I wish they designed the mats so they can open easily when you need to access the stow-n-go.

Photo - weathertech left, Mopar mats right. The one piece offers more protection for the rear, but may make accessing stow-n-go areas more difficult IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Funny... now that I think about it, I'm getting three different brands:

• 3DMax for the front seats
  • Weathertech for the 2nd/3rd row
  • Mopar for the rear cargo well... I'm getting this on advice that its more "rubbery" than the weathertech/husky's and things don't slide around as much.
RDphotography - good point... for the non-hybrid seems like the Weathertech/Husky's/3DMax would be more work to move out of the way for the stow-n-go. So, yeah, seems regular (non-hybrid) owners need to weight the pros/cons on how much inclement weather you're expecting vs how much you use the stow-n-go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I really like the look and feel of the 3DMax Maxpider in my Pacifica. They aren't too bad to move around when using the stow-and-go feature either.-probably takes an extra couple of minutes to pull them out of the way to gain access to the seat storage.

They probably don't offer as much overall protection as the Weathertech's, but I was willing to accept that as a trade-off for the better look/feel. I think they'll still protect just fine and protect the original flooring.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Has no one bought Tuxmat? They have versions for ICE and Hybrid. I really like the look of them and am thinking that's what I'm going to order. They sell them on their own website and on Amazon. Its a Canadian company, which seems poetic for my Canadian/American car. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought our TuxMat's about 1 month ago and they fit Great! I'm very happy with the quality and the job that they are doing so far, as there's no real snow or slop in Wisconsin yet to test them with. However, some Youtube videos that I watched show how they held up after a full season and they came out looking great. Since they are a Canadian company, it did take more than 1 week to receive them, as they had to clear customs.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Stach

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been pleased with TuxMat (available through Amazon), which covers every inch of carpet with a high-quality precisely-dimensioned weather-proof surface. You can also check it out at TuxMat.ca

Mine goes in front of the first, second, and third row seats, but not the cargo area. It cost $275.10

·
Registered
84 Posts
...The weathertech front drivers mat doesn't cover the entire driver's left foot rest...

The "REPRESENTATIVE" images shown on their product page do not clearly reveal this and do not accurately represent this omission of coverage.

This was a big disappointment for me, you have muddy wet stuff on the bottom of your shoes and it just drips right over the lip of the WeatherTech mat onto the top of the driver's left foot rest and into your carpet. I will have to remove them to clean and vacuum underneath that spot. Had I known, I would not have gotten them for the front. Also, they are really hard, not very comfortable at all. Great for the kids' soccer cleats in the back rows though!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I see that the Weathertech for the PacHy is down to $199 for all three rows. However there are complaints about it not covering the driver foot rest area. In addition some have said that the rubber/composite used for WeatherTech is too stiff so if/when you need to remove debris from the driver side, because the material is too stiff.

I have seen some recommend Max Kagu. Some recommend TuxCat.

Did anyone have a full recommendation of what is the best mat to get for the PacHy ? Sorry but the previous posts on the mat issue had references only to the Weathertech (where it needed to be modified) and/or the Mopar mats.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got the Husky X-ACT Contour ITEM# 52041 for the fronts and Wearthertech for the second and third rows. Happy with the coverage and quality of the Husky Contour.
Are those mats like a flexible, hard, thick rubber, or more like hard plastic? I had the former in my old grand caravan that were really nice, and I'd like to find ones like that again. I don't know who made them though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are those mats like a flexible, hard, thick rubber, or more like hard plastic? I had the former in my old grand caravan that were really nice, and I'd like to find ones like that again. I don't know who made them though.
The first part for the Contours and second part is the weathertech.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got the Husky X-ACT Contour ITEM# 52041 for the fronts and Wearthertech for the second and third rows. Happy with the coverage and quality of the Husky Contour.
I decided to go with this same setup. The Husky doesn't sit completely flat on along the foot rest. Also, it seems it doesn't properly account for the super console, as I can't quite get the mat's grommet all the way over to snap onto the floor post. Maybe a little too much material on the edge by the console. Same problem on the passenger side. Otherwise, I like the Husky mats.

The Weathertech for the middle rows seems to fit well, so I'm happy so far there.

I also got a Husky Cargo Liner (#40241). It's pretty nice, although I wish it came up higher on the sides.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts