2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First of all, the plate is under there while we wait for a bracket. Second, I was poking around under there today and I found this module just laying on the floor. Plugged in, but just laying there. I didn't spend too much time under there after this discovery, but it didn't seem obvious where this was supposed to go. Suggestions?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I looked and found that mine is stuffed with connectors under the front seat from the front view. I can't possibly see the specific module, but perhaps you can tell it's location and orientation by the color of the connector compared to my photo. I know that is reportedly the location of the video module, but don't have a clue as to what it would look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Do you have Uconnect Theater? On my Limited the only electrical box under the front passenger seat is the VRM (Video Router Module) and it coordinates all the audio/video between the DVD player, HDMI plugs on the back of the seats, the LCD monitors on the seatbacks and a channel to the radio so you can see what is playing back on the kid’s screens.

There’s a curved bracket under my VRM box that mounts it to the floor.

Revision: Looked again and now see two more electrical boxes mounted up under the power seat. They look like they were manufactured as part of the seat. One is long and right along the front of the seat bottom and another is tucked up higher under some wiring and hard to see behind the connectors. Probably controller for power seat and maybe other is the controller for heated/ventilated seat.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Do you have Uconnect Theater? On my Limited the only electrical box under the front passenger seat is the VRM (Video Router Module) and it coordinates all the audio/video between the DVD player, HDMI plugs on the back of the seats, the LCD monitors on the seatbacks and a channel to the radio so you can see what is playing back on the kid’s screens.

There’s a curved bracket under my box that mounts it to the floor.
maybe you could post a picture? :grin2:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
These pictures were taken from the front of the seat...

Looking down at floor is the VRM and the bracket holding it to the floor. The label has VRM on it.

Looking upward is the long, easy to see, box along front edge of seat.
Up and behind the large yellow and white connectors is another box that appears to be the size of a deck of playing cards. You can only see part of the label in this picture but this box most closely resembles the box @Jimal posted.

On my iPad the thumbnails look upside down but when I click on them to enlarge then up is up. On Chrome browser they are upside down. Sorry if you have to rotate but white and yellow electrical connectors are "up" and part of the seat underside.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
These pictures were taken from the front of the seat...

Looking down at floor is the VRM and the bracket holding it to the floor. The label has VRM on it.

Looking upward is the long, easy to see, box along front edge of seat.
Up and behind the large yellow and white connectors is another box that appears to be the size of a deck of playing cards. You can only see part of the label in this picture but this box most closely resembles the box @Jimal posted.

On my iPad the thumbnails look upside down but when I click on them to enlarge then up is up.
The box in the third picture that says Continental appears to be the same one. Big OOPS! to the service department. :smile2:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Okay, I agree it is the box in the third photo. The thing is, it looks like the plastic piece in the center of the box in the "original" photo within the first post is a connector of some sort. Not an electrical connection but rather a piece that could service to secure the box under the seat. I am wondering if it is a friction clip of some sort and it was just never fully clipped to whatever it is supposed to connected to?

·
Registered
470 Posts
It is the Chrysler Mopar Heated Seat Module. My guess is that using the "third photo" in the earlier post and looking at the label orientation vs. the other cables and connectors you could fish the box up where it belongs and find the wire or part that it hangs on. I still believe the protrusion on the side of the box is the clip or hanger that supports it's connection up under the seat. I would think the module is not very heavy and once re-hung it would stay in place.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
One final suggestion: let the dealer remount the box under warranty. Either it was a factory mistake, or, more likely, the dealer service department screwed up when they serviced one of the recalled components.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It is the Chrysler Mopar Heated Seat Module. My guess is that using the "third photo" in the earlier post and looking at the label orientation vs. the other cables and connectors you could fish the box up where it belongs and find the wire or part that it hangs on. I still believe the protrusion on the side of the box is the clip or hanger that supports it's connection up under the seat. I would think the module is not very heavy and once re-hung it would stay in place.
Yep that looks like what I see. It's in a pretty tight spot unless you pull down all those connectors first. Mine is firmly attached to something I cannot see. No wiggle at all when I got fingers on it this morning.
So, I guess the remaining long box under the front of the seat is the seat motor(s) controller.

Also there's a very small device up under the seat with a short ~1/4 inch diameter clear hose going to it. It might be the air pump for the ventilated seats but I sure wasn't expecting something that small. One of my very favorite features...I wish my other car, the one with the black leather seats, had this.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a better picture of the box:

And after poking around under there, I found the holes where it would snap into and reinstalled it.

Of note is the clear plastic tube, which my seat also has, though I do not believe my Touring L has ventilated seats.

One final suggestion: let the dealer remount the box under warranty. Either it was a factory mistake, or, more likely, the dealer service department screwed up when they serviced one of the recalled components.

I've been working on cars since I've owned cars. I'm not going to waste a day bringing the van to the dealer to snap something back into place.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Here is a better picture of the box:

And after poking around under there, I found the holes where it would snap into and reinstalled it.

Of note is the clear plastic tube, which my seat also has, though I do not believe my Touring L has ventilated seats.

I've been working on cars since I've owned cars. I'm not going to waste a day bringing the van to the dealer to snap something back into place.
Did your heated seat ever work? Does it work now?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Did your heated seat ever work? Does it work now?

They work fine. I only found the issue when I tried sliding something under the seat and hit the loose box. This is a control module in a plastic box, it isn't grounded to the seat or anything like that.

I also think I've figured out the culprit for this hanging heated seat controller. While I was poking around under there, I noticed that the bottom of the seats were just hanging down with these two straps just flopping around.

Looking at the order details on the Mopar site, our van was an Enterprise Rent-a-Car. My best guess is that this havoc under the front seats was the result of aggressive, rushed vacuumings during between-rentals cleanings. Easy to pop things back together, and do a thorough cleaning (they missed some stuff at CarMax) before installing the WeatherTech mats, and this van can do the rental car version of retiring to a farm upstate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
That with the clear tube is the occupant classification system for the passenger side airbags. There is a airbag in the seat bottom cushion and when you sit down it puts pressure on the system through that tube and a sensor in the module controls depending on the pax weight how hard the bags blow in an accident. "advanced airbags" That being said make sure the tube isn't kinked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts