2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is 5.9L/100KM with 550KM on the meter.

Technically if I always run on eletric, will this lower to zero?

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts

You had me there for a moment on the “oil” consumption. Your number will go down but I doubt it will ever get to zero. When driving in electric mode there is an equivalency made between a liter (or gallon) of gasoline and kilowatt-hours.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

Nope.

The Gauge is labeled as an “energy economy” gauge. They have created an “equivalent” between 1gallon of gasoline to kW of electricity based on BTU’s.

1 Gallon of gasoline has the same BTU’s as 33.7kW of electricity.

I have 5500km on 1/4 tank of gas (have 3/4 remaining) and my energy consumption shows 3.3L/100km. I am limited by stop and go traffic and dip into 3.0L/100km on weekends.

Also neat to note is low energy consumption does not indicate you are driving more efficiently. The range you get from your charge is a good indicator of this.

If you want to see your actual fossil fuel mileage get Fuelly, its free and track your fill ups.

I’m seeing around 1L/100km for actual gasoline usage factoring my current tank which i’ll probably have till september.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You had me there for a moment on the “oil” consumption. Your number will go down but I doubt it will ever get to zero. When driving in electric mode there is an equivalency made between a liter (or gallon) of gasoline and kilowatt-hours.

Sorry, I should say gas consumption..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts