·
Banned
25 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Touring L
My big coolant overflow tank is almost empty.
It says use OAT coolant.
What kind is that?
Thanks.
Organic acid technology.
Pretty sure as long as it says OAT and it’s the correct color, you’re good. Don’t mix colors. And make sure it’s pre diluted here’s mopar brand
Light Font Screenshot Material property Communication Device

·
Registered
2021 Touring L AWD
60 Posts
Zerex G-30

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,359 Posts
I don't have any leaks so maybe it's boiling off somewhere? The car is over 4 years old and has 145,000 km on it.
You have a leak or it was that low from the factory and you're just now noticing it. Coolant doesn't just disappear. It's a sealed system so it can't simply boil off unless the pressure relief valve is breached in the cap which should never happen if everything is working as designed.

·
Registered
2018 and 2020 Pacifica
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have a leak or it was that low from the factory and you're just now noticing it. Coolant doesn't just disappear. It's a sealed system so it can't simply boil off unless the pressure relief valve is breached in the cap which should never happen if everything is working as designed.
The oil seems ok. Doesn't appear to be filled with any coolant. I'll top up the reservoir and see what happens next.

·
Banned
25 Posts
Model Year:
Gas / Hybrid:
Gas
Trim:
Touring L
I did not. I have looked and and felt the oil and don't see evidence.
Lol that’s not good enough. Send an oil sample off to be tested and they will tell you exactly who much, if any, is in there. Better to find out now then continue driving and run into a very big issue down the line

·
Premium Member
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
1,117 Posts
Zerex G-30

I'd double-check that this conforms to MS90032 standards per the Pacifica owner's manual before using.

See THIS regarding possible head gasket failure. There are interesting links at the bottom.

·
Registered
2021 Touring L AWD
60 Posts
I'd double-check that this conforms to MS90032 standards per the Pacifica owner's manual before using.

See THIS regarding possible head gasket failure. There are interesting links at the bottom.
ZEREX G-30 conforms to Chrysler MS-12106. Which is the predecessor to MS90032. My Pacifica's coolant bottle is labeled MS-12106.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
ZEREX G-30 conforms to Chrysler MS-12106. Which is the predecessor to MS90032. My Pacifica's coolant bottle is labeled MS-12106.
View attachment 51743
Why use ZEREX G-30 and mix with the OEM when you can get OEM Mopar for the same price?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Why use ZEREX G-30 and mix with the OEM when you can get OEM Mopar for the same price?
Why not? The Mopar coolant has been backordered a lot lately. As long as you use a phosphate-free & silicate-free OAT coolant, it's safe to use regardless of the color.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Not supposed to mix colors
That's good general practice for the uninformed, but I stand by what I stated in my previous post. Your point doesn't hold much weight in this case anyways because the OEM/Mopar coolant and the suggested alternative are the same color.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't usually recommend buying from dealers because you get ripped off on lots of products. But for this, I went to the dealer just to make sure it was the correct product and it was only $5 to $10 more expensive than buying online since there's no shipping fee. I bought the undiluted bottle and for less than $25, it will last for years.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts