2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L plus
20 Posts
Our first van, but we bought after finding out we were going to have Twins (3 kids under 2 years). We need 3 across in the 2nd row.

Toyota was out because no Android Auto.
Kia was out because no 8 passenger.

So it was down to the Honda and Chrysler. In the end the Chrysler won:
-Stow and Go
-100% Flat Floor: Honda when you remove the seats the slide system stays in there and eats floor space. You cannot get a 100% flat floor in the Odyssey.
-Better infotainment on Pacifica
-Lifetime Warranty option (we will tow, so the transmission likely will die)
-Chrysler radar-cruise works at low speeds, the Honda does not
-Cheaper

Negatives:
-No memory seats on TL+ (Honda equivalent trim has them standard)
-Fewer USB charging ports on Pacifica

In the end, I don't regret it. The radar cruise control is amazing, I even use it in city traffic (the vehicle is actually more efficient that way).
The lifetime warranty is gone now. Better hold on to your pac.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
133 Posts
Read all the fine print on your lifetime warranty. I’ve heard Chrysler requires an inspection every 5 years. Some older models that also had a lifetime warranty were being denied coverage for not having the 5 year inspection.

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black w/ Red "S" Appearance Package, Premium Safety Sphere Grp
100 Posts
My first minivan was a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan LE, top of the line loaded model. We loved that minivan until my one day when my wife was driving and got hit by an SUV at approximately 40-50 MPH on the drivers side of the vehicle. My wife's van was not moving. The van rolled over 3 times until it came to rest across the street facing the other direction. My children were in the car in their child seats. No one was injured except for a minor cuts and scrapes. When we decided to get another minivan in 2017 we looked only at Chrysler. The pacifica was just about the same size as our Grand Caravan, we loved the way it looked, felt and enjoyed it for 3 years. My daily driver is a 2010 Mustang GT and although the van isn't as quick it tracks so well, the steering heft is perfect, it rides so well, for a big heavy vehicle it doesn't ever feel ponderous. The stow and go seats are the best when we go on vacation in the summer and take so many things. We jst fold the back seats down and we have plenty of room to take what we need. I think the fit and finish was excellent, never had any issues mechanically. Test drive one, see what you think. We just ordered in November our 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD. Can't wait to start the next chapter!

Reactions: wacoodude

·
Registered
24 Posts
My first minivan was a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan LE, top of the line loaded model. We loved that minivan until my one day when my wife was driving and got hit by an SUV at approximately 40-50 MPH on the drivers side of the vehicle. My wife's van was not moving. The van rolled over 3 times until it came to rest across the street facing the other direction. My children were in the car in their child seats. No one was injured except for a minor cuts and scrapes. When we decided to get another minivan in 2017 we looked only at Chrysler. The pacifica was just about the same size as our Grand Caravan, we loved the way it looked, felt and enjoyed it for 3 years. My daily driver is a 2010 Mustang GT and although the van isn't as quick it tracks so well, the steering heft is perfect, it rides so well, for a big heavy vehicle it doesn't ever feel ponderous. The stow and go seats are the best when we go on vacation in the summer and take so many things. We jst fold the back seats down and we have plenty of room to take what we need. I think the fit and finish was excellent, never had any issues mechanically. Test drive one, see what you think. We just ordered in November our 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD. Can't wait to start the next chapter!
That was a serious accident. I'm glad your family made it out ok.

·
Registered
ON ORDER - 2021 Pacifica Limited AWD, Black w/ Red "S" Appearance Package, Premium Safety Sphere Grp
100 Posts
People I know from my neighborhood drove by and saw the car and figured no one made it out alive. I saw the car a couple of days later, it was shocking. The left side (Drivers side) was crushed as well as the roof from rolling over, yet all occupants were kept safe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bought it because I couldn't quite afford the Model Y without the tax rebate and had gotten so used to my 2012 Volt. We wanted more space and safety features both of which only the Pachy offers at this price point. The super quiet and high torque plug in drive experience is something that a normal hybrid like the Sienna cannot offer and driving 32 miles on electric and then 30 miles a gallon even in gas mode which no other V6 competitors can beat sealed the deal for me. The bonus is that the new 2021 looks more man van in my opinion and is actually a SUV in VAN disguise especially in the AWD version.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts