2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I should keep one around in case of running into any problems.

TIA!

·
Administrator
2,336 Posts
You can use any cheap ELM327 reader but will need AlfaOBD app to read the proprietary data.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,025 Posts
I use the Zurich ZR13 from Harbor Freight. It can retrieve all types of DTCs - including OEM enhanced codes. I don't think you can do much better for a $150 standalone scan tool, but there are probably better options for viewing live data. I haven't needed to use it much with our Pacifica. :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Administrator
2,336 Posts
Can your readers access the HV battery health, voltages, temperature?
Can they read modules that use MS-CAN? Cheap ELM327 readers can't access it.

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Pacifica uses MS-CAN for several modules- climate, radio, doors to name a few.
I got the "Ford" from Googling "Can Bluedriver read MS-CAN" Then I found this page for OBDLink MX+ OBDLink MX+ vs BlueDriver | OBDLink® | OBD Solutions LLC
It explains that certain pins are physically missing on the bluedriver making it impossible to read both high speed and medium speed networks.
There is also a link on that page for a more detailed information page that is manufacturer specific.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Limited, S appearance and Premium & Safety Sphere package, 12/2020 build date
23 Posts
Thanks everyone for this great Bluedriver advice, I just ordered mine on Amazon! I've got a 2021 PacHy that has had the engine stalling issue and they are currently replacing the transmission, so I need to keep an eye on codes for a while!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts