2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,300 Posts
I use the Zurich ZR13 from Harbor Freight. It can retrieve all types of DTCs - including OEM enhanced codes. I don't think you can do much better for a $150 standalone scan tool, but there are probably better options for viewing live data. I haven't needed to use it much with our Pacifica. :)

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Pacifica uses MS-CAN for several modules- climate, radio, doors to name a few.
I got the "Ford" from Googling "Can Bluedriver read MS-CAN" Then I found this page for OBDLink MX+ OBDLink MX+ vs BlueDriver | OBDLink® | OBD Solutions LLC
It explains that certain pins are physically missing on the bluedriver making it impossible to read both high speed and medium speed networks.
There is also a link on that page for a more detailed information page that is manufacturer specific.

·
Registered
2021 PacHy Limited, S appearance and Premium & Safety Sphere package, 12/2020 build date
28 Posts
Thanks everyone for this great Bluedriver advice, I just ordered mine on Amazon! I've got a 2021 PacHy that has had the engine stalling issue and they are currently replacing the transmission, so I need to keep an eye on codes for a while!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd like to get a OBD reader for use on my 2020 Pacifica Hybrid, but am hesitating to spend $119 on the OBDLink MX+. I see the OBDLink EX is on cyber Monday sale for $40. With AlfaOBD software, would using the cabled EX be functionally equivalent to the Bluetooth MX+ ?

Edit 1 follows,
I see the EX promoted for use with ForScan, and is described as specifically developed for Ford, Lincoln, Mazda, & Mercury cars. Only at the Alfaodb.com site do I see the EX (and MX+) recommended for Chrysler vehicles to support the MS-CAN interfaces they include. My expectation is that the EX can be used with various Android scanning apps such as alfaOBD app, and OBDLINK APP to robustly support the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid. I know so little about these interfaces that I may be missing some import details. (A USB to USB C, OTG adapter is needed to connect the EX to a phone.)

I have just checked where the OBD connector is located on the Pacifica, seems the EX adapter will hang down pretty much in the way of getting in and out the van. Worrying a bit about damaging the OBD connector or EX adapter. The MX+ helps avoid that issue.

Edit 2 follows,
I bit the bullet and purchased the EX. Came across THIS video on youtube, and found a 30% off coupon code in the writeup below the video. Ordered from obdlink.com and with the discount, totaled $27.17 . (Cyber Monday price: $39.99 - 30% = 27.17 with tax.)

Edit 3 follows,
Received the OBDLINK EX unit. Shipped very quickly.

the EX works with ODBWiz on my windows 12 PC, installed the USB drivers manually based on ODBLink instructions. OBDWIZ has a file folder missing during the installation, which I then created manually to get the program to load with some errors. Not a clean install, but with a short test (on a 2004 toyota camry) seems to work.

Using the OBDLink app on my Android phone, the OBDLink EX cable was not recognized as a supported cable. Opened a support request at ScanTool.net, hey quickly asked for some clarification details, and I am presently waiting for additional advice. So far all indications are that it should work. Still want to get the EX working with the Android. OBDLink looks like a nice app to use, and compared to a phone the laptop much too large.

I can't test the alfaOBD app, cuz my Pacifica is in for repair.

Maybe there is something I missed, but this is a bumpy path for someone to go down to get their care diagnosed/fixed. Is the M+ is more of a plug and play tool?

Edit 4 Follows,

OBDLink EX working with ODBwiz on my windows 11 laptop.

I need to get back and try some of the other Andriod Apps with the EX to get it working on my phone. There is currently an issue with OBDLink Android app, and the latest EX cable revision 2.2 . OBDLink help desk has been very supportive.

Edit 5 Follows, Last to this post.

I happy to say the the OBDLink EX cable does work with my Android Cell phone. Within the week of finding a compatibility issue with the latest EX cable release, the OBDLink App was updated and is working with the EX cable 2.2. So things have worked out. (I do still need to try the alfaobd app.)

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
102 Posts
I bought Vgate iCar 2 ELM327 Bluetooth V3.0 OBDII - 12$. Doing the thing with AlfaOBD. No regrets.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I bought the OBDLink MX+ downloaded the app for my phone plugged it in and used Bluetooth to pair it to my phone it was painless.

It will also work with AlfaOBD and some other phone apps.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring L
102 Posts
You will have to use hardware SGW bypass (approx 25$) to be able clear the codes. Unless you have WiTech2 with hardware key - chrysler service is using.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.