2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the trunk, the left quarter panel has room for a spare tire, vacuum, or in the phev, the 12v battery and storage for the evse and tire repair kit.

The right quarter panel appears to have the same amount of space behind it, but is one solid piece of plastic trim. I kind of assume its not just empty space and there's something behind it, but I'm not good at getting trim panels in and out without leaving marks, and haven't found pictures or mention of anyone else looking behind it.

Anyone know what's back there?

For reference -behind this piece:

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
Reactions: joefitz

·
Registered
612 Posts
No - it is Sasquatch!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Rear HVAC unit.
Question: So this unit electric for both the ICE and hybrid versions, then? I was under the impression that the AC compressor was driven by the HV battery on the hybrid and belt-driven on the ICE, but anything mounted back there has to be electric.

Or do both units share compressor?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Question: So this unit electric for both the ICE and hybrid versions, then? I was under the impression that the AC compressor was driven by the HV battery on the hybrid and belt-driven on the ICE, but anything mounted back there has to be electric.

Or do both units share compressor?
Yes, that is a second evaporator (the cold part).

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's a pretty extensive system, having taken off that panel to add speakers, the usb port and the household outlet there really wasn't any space to speak of to add anything else, or for storage back there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts