2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In various places across the Internet, Chrysler has indicated that the hybrid model would be released in the second half of the year.

Here we are, almost into September, and not a peep.

As nice as the non-hybrid version is, the version I really care to hear a lot more about is the plug-in hybrid.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Some would say that there is no delay at all and right on schedule as they would technically have until late December to release them and still be in "Late-2016".

Having said that, it was mentioned publicly that the Hybrid version was not finalized even though they showcased a prototype at the auto show during the unveiling. I (for one) am eagerly anticipating its arrival but ALSO have no problem letting them take their time to "get it right" before releasing them to the general public.

My eagerness is not because I am dying to purchase the Hybrid once it is out, but because that would mean that the team would/could shift their focus to the follow-up (rumored) effort of an AWD version of the Pacifica - utilizing an electric motor for driving the rear wheels.

It is still speculation as to whether-or-not the AWD version will be hybrid as well or gasoline powered for the front wheels with the rear pulling current when needed to power the motors. I really have no clue.

Oh, to have an ear against the door at the team meetings. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some would say that there is no delay at all and right on schedule as they would technically have until late December to release them and still be in "Late-2016".

Having said that, it was mentioned publicly that the Hybrid version was not finalized even though they showcased a prototype at the auto show during the unveiling. I (for one) am eagerly anticipating its arrival but ALSO have no problem letting them take their time to "get it right" before releasing them to the general public.

My eagerness is not because I am dying to purchase the Hybrid once it is out, but because that would mean that the team would/could shift their focus to the follow-up (rumored) effort of an AWD version of the Pacifica - utilizing an electric motor for driving the rear wheels.

It is still speculation as to whether-or-not the AWD version will be hybrid as well or gasoline powered for the front wheels with the rear pulling current when needed to power the motors. I really have no clue.

Oh, to have an ear against the door at the team meetings. :)
Note that both Chrysler and I said "second half" of the year. You said "Late 2016", which is not what Chrysler has said. That is a small but important distinction.

Either way, that gives them until December 31st without technically being late, but that was not the point of my post.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Awd please!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Note that both Chrysler and I said "second half" of the year. You said "Late 2016", which is not what Chrysler has said. That is a small but important distinction.

Either way, that gives them until December 31st without technically being late, but that was not the point of my post.
Splitting hairs, aren't we...? :wink2:

Second-half = "late" to me... but the same deadline applies.

"But that was not the point of my post" - I guess I missed it then... thought you were asking about why it's delayed, and I responded about how it hadn't been ready for production and that technically it's not "late" yet.

Like I said previously... no rush on MY end, as I would prefer they beta-test and get the kinks worked out BEFORE it hits the dealer lots. So far, the non-hybrid version (at least MINE) is showing positive signs of not being a mistake to buy a "first model-year" vehicle... but it's still early to start the celebration.

Based SOLELY on my own fabricated timeline, I am *guessing* that it'll hit dealership lots in late-October to mid-November. That is purely speculation based on ZERO facts.
:nerd:

·
Registered
758 Posts
As much as I'd like to see AWD in the hybrid version - How was the topic of my post in any way related to AWD?
You are correct. My bad for jumping in on the derailment of your post, the excitement of what is potentially to come took over.... so lets get back to your regular scheduled programing.... What's the delay with the hybrid version?

·
Registered
344 Posts
My bad for jumping in on the derailment of your post, the excitement of what is potentially to come took over...
Not YOUR fault, I was the one that brought-up that tangent in my reply. I thought it relevant merely because I had been lead to believe via obscure rumor articles a few months ago, that AWD was going to be dependent on the Hybrid solution (whether right or wrong).

Again, I am not sure there even *IS* a "delay" with the Hybrid as so far, it is within the time-table they originally communicated to the public. Not sure how the term "delay" is meant in this case.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Most of the release notices I've read said "coming Fall 2016", I've only seen a couple auto sites that said 2nd half of 2016. Technically, fall starts in late September and runs near the end of December, so they gave themselves a 3 month range. You're getting upset because they haven't released info a month earlier than their earliest target date.

Given Chrysler's past on the Pacifica (read the posts on this site about other options), don't expect them to have everything ready immediately when that date comes and don't expect them to be forthcoming about when it will be available. I'm still waiting for information on when black leather will be available in the Limited, something that should have been available in May.... and they still are horrible about telling us when it will be available.

Don't get your hopes up expecting information out of Chrysler!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not angry by any stretch, just impatient.
Yeah, upset was probably a bad choice of words.

We are impatient too, and hoping that the level of support we've received from our local dealers isn't indicative of the future support. I look forward to not having to worry about my kids opening the car door into my new car, it can't come soon enough!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Went to Car Show in Los Angeles today, Nov 25. Talked to a "rep" and told nope, no 2016 release, will be January 2017. Darn. That means the Federal and state tax credits don't go into effect until tax returns for 2017 filed, which means no money back until March 2018 at best. What a let down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went to Car Show in Los Angeles today, Nov 25. Talked to a "rep" and told nope, no 2016 release, will be January 2017. Darn. That means the Federal and state tax credits don't go into effect until tax returns for 2017 filed, which means no money back until March 2018 at best. What a let down.
Thanks. :-|

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
Welcome to the forum David! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
81 Posts
From what I can tell, you should be able to pre-order in December when production begins. I have never pre-ordered a car so I am wondering if that would count for a 2016 purchase?

·
Super Moderator
2,884 Posts
From what I can tell, you should be able to pre-order in December when production begins. I have never pre-ordered a car so I am wondering if that would count for a 2016 purchase?
You don't actually purchase the car until it is delivered, so a pre-order in 2016 would not count as a 2016 purchase for tax purposes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also wouldn't want to pre-order without having read or watched several reviews, and after I had test driven the vehicle, and personally approved the new drive system, plus an understanding and acceptance of what options are/are not available, or what I would trade off (other than 2nd row Stow & Go seating) to get the hybrid.

·
Registered
81 Posts
which means no money back until March 2018 at best. What a let down.
Easy solution - change your withholding.
You can make it so you get that money back in 24 (or 26) little chunks spread throughout the year in your paycheck.

If you're a regular W-2 employee you could even change your withholding to have very little withheld in first month or two of 2017 then change it to some higher amount for the remainder of the year.

As long as you owe less than $1000 for 2017 income taxes the IRS is not going to levy any interest or penalties. (There are other safe-harbors too - talk to your tax person - they're probably not too busy right now since it's not Jan-April and not just before Oct. 15.)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
10 Participants
soconnorny
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing