2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having trouble spinning front wheels on wet pavement?

I am not a lead foot. But found it is too easy
To spin wheels when road is wet. When accelerating from a stop.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Just happened to me yesterday again... I really have to depress lightly to avoid signifiant spinning... Can't wait for the snow and ice!

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is pretty much all the fault of the tires. OEMs arent' known for putting the most high quality rubber on general purpose vehicles. You will notice a vast night & day difference in both performance and longevity after you swap them out for a quality set of shoes. The sidewalls may say Michelin or Nexxen but I don't think the compounds are quite the same as what you'd get from your local tire shop. I believe they're of lower quality made to improve the ride softness and quiet road noise more than for performance and handling.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Unfortunately, or maybe I should say fortunately, spinning the tires is one of the great side effects of owning a Move Over Power Approaching Rapidly (MOPAR)!

·
Registered
32 Posts
All the time...

Anyone else having trouble spinning front wheels on wet pavement?

I am not a lead foot. But found it is too easy
To spin wheels when road is wet. When accelerating from a stop.

All the time. Unfortunately I am a lead foot. I also race my other car, so I have to adapt when I get into our van. Not only is there serious wheel spin coming off the line with a quick reaction, which I have, but also at the limits of turns. Going on the highway from me, we enter on a curved ramp that joins a connecting highway to a main interstate, and when it's damp or wetter, the tires lose traction below the speed limit around 50-55mph, and I have to baby the throttle.

I am trying to get the most out of the tires before I put some better rubber on, but hitting those limits really makes me itch to do it sooner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts