2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I’m hoping the AWD Pacifica will accompany a bigger battery and hid lights . The portal will be smaller than the Pacifica and im quite fine with the current size of it .

Which will hit the roads first, the Portal or the VW Buzz Microbus? They both will fill the same niche. My grandkids are getting bigger and driving their own vehicles. Soon, I won't have so many passengers to haul around. I like the van for occasional riders but also for carrying hobby stuff and musical instruments.

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
My dream is coming true!
https://moparinsiders.com/17588-2/

Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof option is now available on all Pacifica gasoline models that feature eight-passenger seating
Chrysler adds a new Red S Appearance Package on Pacifica Limited
The Red S Appearance will be available in six exterior colors, Ceramic Grey Clear Coat (new)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
My dream is coming true!
https://moparinsiders.com/17588-2/

Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof option is now available on all Pacifica gasoline models that feature eight-passenger seating
Chrysler adds a new Red S Appearance Package on Pacifica Limited
The Red S Appearance will be available in six exterior colors, Ceramic Grey Clear Coat (new)
I was selling Dodges in Houston in 1991. One day a lady from Pasadena, TX drove in and asked "Is that purple car over there a "K" car?" while pointing to the used car lot.
I told her it was. "I've always wanted a purple "K" car, that's my dream car" she answered.

Some people's dreams are different than others.

(This is not the actual car that she purchased but it is similar)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I was selling Dodges in Houston in 1991. One day a lady from Pasadena, TX drove in and asked "Is that purple car over there a "K" car?" while pointing to the used car lot.
I told her it was. "I've always wanted a purple "K" car, that's my dream car" she answered.

(This is not the actual car that she purchased but it is similar)
Hey now, in the 90's purple was a great color!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
The “K” car was a sh*tbox.
True but it saved Chrysler. BTW, the first minivan from Chrysler used the K car chassis, so our cars are descendants of the K car!

·
Registered
686 Posts
True but it saved Chrysler. BTW, the first minivan from Chrysler used the K car chassis, so our cars are descendants of the K car!
True, but actually the chassis was original, while pretty much everything else was ripped and robbed off the k car, including the engine, transmission, suspension, interior etc.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I asked my dealer about ordering the 2020 with the Red 'S' package in that cool gray color I love~

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

She was probably just an old Jimi Hendrix groupie. :grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the market for a 2019.

I'm targeting a Limited with Rear Entertainment (How is this not standard in the Limited?) and 8 passenger seating.

I can tell you that in the DC area there are 50+ new 2019 Touring L Plus and 50+ new 2019 Limiteds in the 15 dealerships in the area. I went to the 15 dealer website and searched each one and created a spreadsheet.

There is definitely a glut of inventory this late into the year.

The most frustrated thing is the goofy trim designations and optional packages. Chrysler needs to streamline that mess and make less options at each trim level and more standardization at each trim levels.

The option mess kills the secondary market as you have no idea what you're getting in each Trim Level. That is probably a major factor in the huge drop resale value in the Pacifica as compared to the Odyssey.

I have from now until November to find one at the price I want. I suspect that the glut of 2019 models out there is delaying the release of the 2020s.

·
Registered
686 Posts
The most frustrated thing is the goofy trim designations and optional packages. Chrysler needs to streamline that mess and make less options at each trim level and more standardization at each trim levels.

The option mess kills the secondary market as you have no idea what you're getting in each Trim Level. That is probably a major factor in the huge drop resale value in the Pacifica as compared to the Odyssey.
Agreed. I found the feature availability documents useful:

> https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/download.do?id=20006

Also i'd highly suggest the hybrids:

> https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/download.do?id=20001

...and the hybrid limited got rear screens :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Agreed. I found the feature availability documents useful:

Also i'd highly suggest the hybrids:

...and the hybrid limited got rear screens :)
I'm almost embarrassed to post this. My wife is hugely excited about the storage well of the stow and go seating in the gas model.

I broached the subject of the Hybrid but she wants the storage bins.

Can I entice her with alternative storage area in the Hybrid?

Thanks that Matrix is awesome.

I bet Chrysler could save 100s of Millions by standardizing the trims better. Imagine all the separate runs they have to do create all those unnecessary combinations.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 152 Posts