2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I'm almost embarrassed to post this. My wife is hugely excited about the storage well of the stow and go seating in the gas model.

I broached the subject of the Hybrid but she wants the storage bins.

Can I entice her with alternative storage area in the Hybrid?

Thanks that Matrix is awesome.

I bet Chrysler could save 100s of Millions by standardizing the trims better. Imagine all the separate runs they have to do create all those unnecessary combinations.
What’s wrong with having extra storage bins? We love them especially during long trips. Load them up with all goodies so that car interior is not cluttered. When grandparents are also present all seats and cargo space are occupied to the brim and any extra storage is a welcome addition. My wife frequently praises our decision to buy this minivan during those trips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What’s wrong with having extra storage bins? We love them especially during long trips. Load them up with all goodies so that car interior is not cluttered. When grandparents are also present all seats and cargo space are occupied to the brim and any extra storage is a welcome addition. My wife frequently praises our decision to buy this minivan during those trips.
The embarrassing part is that we may choose to burn gasoline for the sole reason of having storage bins in the floor of our vehicle. We'll see . . . .

·
Registered
243 Posts
I found this a few weeks ago in the Criswell Chrysler topic:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1toe9Z8bcux2VS8M2uxGc6TBglYY3BxFz/view

Purports to be the codes for 2020 models. Don't know if that helps.

Agreed. I found the feature availability documents useful:

> https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/download.do?id=20006

Also i'd highly suggest the hybrids:

> https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/download.do?id=20001

...and the hybrid limited got rear screens /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Have they published the grids fr the 2020? The remaining 2019 Hybrids around here are missing advanced safety

·
Registered
243 Posts
Surely down to personal preference, no?

My understanding is the 35th adds cranberry accents on both the interior and exterior, while the S is the murdered-out black accents.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The VINs on those vehicles check out; entering them into a 3rd-party vehicle history site results in the models that are being offered by that dealer. Interesting that there haven't been any announcements that production has begun or any change to the Chrysler.com website. If those VINs check out, then the vehicles should have already been manufactured...or do manufactures preregister VINs ahead of a production run? The lack of fanfare could also be more of the "clear out the old models" strategy.

Good find.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Carl from Criswell says:

We currently have about 20 gas models in transit that should arrive in the next two weeks. Based on current orders, it looks like it's taking 5-6 weeks from order to delivery. At this time, hybrid models are available only as factory orders. We ordered some when allocation first opened up and they still have not been accepted. Based on that, it's tough to gauge when stock hybrid units will begin hitting dealer lots.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 2020s are showing up on lots. I was about to order a hybrid limited today I saw a dealer picture of a vehicle on a dealer lot with the window pillars chrome instead of black.
I do not want chrome pillars between the windows. Wondering if this is the way limited's will now be. I would post a link but I am a new member so it won't let me. It is located at Dan Cummins Ram

·
Registered
353 Posts
The 2020s are showing up on lots. I was about to order a hybrid limited today I saw a dealer picture of a vehicle on a dealer lot with the window pillars chrome instead of black.
I do not want chrome pillars between the windows. Wondering if this is the way limited's will now be. I would post a link but I am a new member so it won't let me. It is located at Dan Cummins Ram
I believe it's an optical illusion... what you're seeing is the protective "white" wrap material that many/most cars ship with. Those dealer-taken photos show the white/gray material on the pillars, but the as you scroll-through the other supporting images of those in-stock vehicles, you see the branded photos show the pillars as black.

https://www.dancumminschryslerdodgejeep.com/inventory/new-2020-chrysler-pacifica-touring-l-plus-fwd-passenger-van-2c4rc1eg9lr101221

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thankfully it looks like you are right. That actually isn't the vehicle picture that I saw before. It's pretty obvious that's white on that vehicle. They have pictures of another one where it looks like it matches the chrome because of the lighting. Apparently this dealer doesn't think they should take those off for pictures.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
So, are you ordering a 2020 Hy Limited? What kind of deal are they offering?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just did a cars.com on the 2020 Pacifica and got over 1,000 in the US. However I could not find a single one that was hybrid. In fact the hybrid option was not even listed for the model choice. I was able to find the hybrid on the Costco auto build website to try to get cost numbers. But is Chrysler currently building the 2020? Anyone been able to order one?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
The embarrassing part is that we may choose to burn gasoline for the sole reason of having storage bins in the floor of our vehicle. We'll see . . . .
We buy cars for several reasons, and each of one has their own. You're probably correct that in a ten years or so when the kids grow up, those storage bins may not see the light, and be an embarrassment, but at present it can't be beat. However, in ten years even a hybrid may be an embarrassment as potentially every new car on the road may be electric / self driving and sent by corporations as "robo-taxis". Not sure if I should love the future or hate it.
For now, I should start packing up the storage bins for my labor day trip...lol

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
The primary selling point for my hybrid was the front grill. I found the ICE version ugly.

Honeycomb Grille Pattern is now standard on all Pacifica Hybrid models. :rolleyes:

Not a fan of the honeycomb grill or S package. Cannot stand black on black.

https://moparinsiders.com/17588-2/

https://www.palmenmotors.com/blog/2020-chrysler-pacifica-specs-and-features-overview/
yeah, I'm not happy about the grille change either. but 4-door power windows is enough of a trade-off for me to still be happy I'm looking at '20s rather than '19s.

41 - 60 of 152 Posts