2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a way to find out when our van was made? i dont know why but i find stuff like that interesting

·
Registered
284 Posts
is there a way to find out when our van was made? i dont know why but i find stuff like that interesting
Yes, just inside the driver's door, there is a sticker that not only gives the month and year of manufacture but the actual date and hour. On the sticker you'll see "Date of Mfr" which gives month and year. Then on that same sticker lower right hand corner you'll see "MDH" (mo,day,hour). In my case it reads 121511, meaning December 15th, at 11AM. So the last two digits are the 24 hour military time, ie 08(8AM), 15(3PM), 23(11PM), etc.

<

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, just inside the driver's door, there is a sticker that not only gives the month and year of manufacture but the actual date and hour. On the sticker you'll see "Date of Mfr" which gives month and year. Then on that same sticker lower right hand corner you'll see "MDH" (mo,day,hour). In my case it reads 121511, meaning December 15th, at 11AM. So the last two digits are the 24 hour military time, ie 08(8AM), 15(3PM), 23(11PM), etc.

<

COOL thanks!!!

it appears mine was made dec 14 2016 @ 11pm

weird it sat on the dealer lot since i purchased it on dec 28 2017

over a year. wonder why?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
COOL thanks!!!
it appears mine was made dec 14 2016 @ 11pm
weird it sat on the dealer lot since i purchased it on dec 28 2017
over a year. wonder why?
I suspect many Pacifica buyers want the extra features of the Touring Plus or Limited or have a different color preference. As long as you are happy with the van, that's what matters. You got the better safety rating (9/2016 and later). It probably doesn't have electronic stop start that was added in January 2017 but that might be one less thing to worry about.

Your van is probably the same vintage as my van. My van has had software updates for the transmission, EGR valve recall (software only) and UConnect. These were all refinements. No stalling issues.

I wanted the roof rack so I went up to a Touring L. Since then I have read that is possible to install your own roof rack (the holes are pre drilled under the black plastic on the roof). There are threads about roof racks if you want to add one later.

If you have any problems, keep checking the forum or contact Chrysler Cares.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suspect many Pacifica buyers want the extra features of the Touring Plus or Limited or have a different color preference. As long as you are happy with the van, that's what matters. You got the better safety rating (9/2016 and later). It probably doesn't have electronic stop start that was added in January 2017 but that might be one less thing to worry about.

Your van is probably the same vintage as my van. My van has had software updates for the transmission, EGR valve recall (software only) and UConnect. These were all refinements. No stalling issues.

I wanted the roof rack so I went up to a Touring L. Since then I have read that is possible to install your own roof rack (the holes are pre drilled under the black plastic on the roof). There are threads about roof racks if you want to add one later.

If you have any problems, keep checking the forum or contact Chrysler Cares.

thats a lot of fantastic info thank you! the roof rack thing especially is good news.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
thats a lot of fantastic info thank you! the roof rack thing especially is good news.
Here's a thread with info on the roof rack. Cross rails should store in the racks. Thread says LX, but info should apply for any Pacifica that doesn't have a roof rack already. I think you can click on the instruction sheet on the part page to see what is involved in case you want to try it yourself.

http://www.pacificaforums.com/forum/193-2017-chrysler-pacifica-minivan-general-discussion/14034-roof-rack-lx.html?nojs=1#goto_threadtools

1 - 8 of 8 Posts