2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first time poster, but I've been on the site quite a bit lately trying to figure out some issues I've been having (lot of great information on here). I finally got my Auxiliary battery tested and confirmed it's no longer taking a charge.

I've been trying to buy a replacement, but I'm having a very hard time finding where I can get one. I tried to buy the Mopar BBAUA200AD but all the dealerships have it on back-order. A parts guy suggested CarQuest, so I found CARQUEST HD Battery AUXILIARY BATTERY (AUX14) at Advanced Auto Parts, but it's also out of stock everywhere.

Next I tried Duralast Platinum Battery AUX14 at AutoZone, but they won't ship, and the closest one in stock is over an hour away. Really hoping not to have to make that kind of drive just for a battery, so I'm hoping you all might have other suggestions on where I can get a replacement battery (either online or in-store). Are there other brands of auxiliary battery I should be looking for? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
192 Posts
The aux battery is actually a really common size used in motorcycles, quads, snowblowers, etc. so it’s pretty widely available. Try Walmart, batteries plus, and other auto stores too. You can also order online from Amazon, but I would pull the old battery measure the physical dimensions, and validate the terminal connections are the same to be sure the replacement is physically compatible with the location and cable connections. Note that most of these little AGM batteries ship dry. They come with six little bottles of acid that you add, let absorb into the AGM glass mat, and then seal it up. Its simple, but make sure your comfortable doing this. It’s also best to fully charge the battery before putting it into use - you’ll get longer life that way. A 1 or 2 amp trickle charger is the right tool for such a small battery.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hello all, first time poster, but I've been on the site quite a bit lately trying to figure out some issues I've been having (lot of great information on here). I finally got my Auxiliary battery tested and confirmed it's no longer taking a charge.

I've been trying to buy a replacement, but I'm having a very hard time finding where I can get one. I tried to buy the Mopar BBAUA200AD but all the dealerships have it on back-order. A parts guy suggested CarQuest, so I found CARQUEST HD Battery AUXILIARY BATTERY (AUX14) at Advanced Auto Parts, but it's also out of stock everywhere.

Next I tried Duralast Platinum Battery AUX14 at AutoZone, but they won't ship, and the closest one in stock is over an hour away. Really hoping not to have to make that kind of drive just for a battery, so I'm hoping you all might have other suggestions on where I can get a replacement battery (either online or in-store). Are there other brands of auxiliary battery I should be looking for? Thank you in advance!
I don't have an aux battery in my (Sept. 2016 build) 2017 Pacifica, but I found these threads about replacement auxiliary batteries that might be helpful.

Welcome to the forum. If you put your van info in the signature line of the account settings it will show up at the bottom of your threads. Build date is on the edge of the driver's door. More extensive owner's manuals can be found on the Mopar website.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Where are you located? I was able to get my aux. battery at my dealer, but I ended up getting my main battery at my local Interstate Batteries store.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the help! I was able to find the right battery at the Napa Auto Parts somewhat close to me in Maryland. It said it should be available for pickup tomorrow.

It was the Napa BAT AUX14 per the link provided by SciTchr - I did not realize ESS and Aux battery were the same thing (my fault on that). I will update again once I swap out and confirm I'm all set. I really appreciate the fast responses from all of you!

Jimal - I tried a couple of dealerships in Maryland, but they all said the Mopar battery (BBAUA200AD) was on back-order, which is when one of told me I'll have better luck at an auto parts store. Thank you for the information though!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Thanks for the info. Waiting for your install report.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I got the auxiliary battery installed this morning. Started it up, but still got the Auto Stop/Start warning. I then took the advice from other posters and disconnected both batteries for 30 minutes. After that I started up and the warning was gone!

Driven it twice since then, still no warning light (and CarPlay is working properly, as that was intermittent before). If I run into any further issues I'll update this post, if not thank you all very much for your assistance!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Don't be shocked if you end up replacing the main battery as well. I went about a month/2,000 miles after replacing my aux. battery and the warning light coming back on. It seems that once one of the batteries goes bad enough cause problems the damage is likely done to the other battery. The good news is that since I replaced the main battery in early September I haven't had any issues or warning lights.

Knock on wood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts