2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring L AWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To all,
I have learned in recent years that sticking a plate on the back of my phone and using a magnetic mount is a fantastic way to hold my cell phone in my car.

But the only way I've been able to do that in the Pacifica is with a mount that grabs vent louvers and holds the phone there.
But the phone now blocks the vent, and it gets hot or cold with the air coming from the vent (doesn't seem to be good for it).

Please let me know if you have found a good place or way to stick/mount your cell phone in a Pacifica!

One other clarification: most drivers likely keep the phone out of sight and use the Pacifica's big screen for all of their maps and such, but for various reasons it works better for me to use my phone for that, having the phone somewhere that I can glance at occasionally (just a glance, of course, to stay safe while driving)!
I'm assuming that other drivers have functions on their phones that the Pacifica won't perform, and would like to have their phones in sight.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
‘22 Pinnacle AWD ICE Granite Crystal Metallic
95 Posts
I like that my phone blocks the vent in my current vehicle (because they vent seems to blow directly into my eye). But I’ve been thinking the same thing for the van (which I am hoping to get delivered next month).

I’ll follow this thread to see what recommendations others have. By the way, my wife just found the magnetic things earlier this summer and they are so much better than what we had been using previously!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm with you, I much prefer having my phone up high and using it to navigate etc so I don't have to look down from the road to see the Uconnect screen. I also like it blocking the air from hitting my eyes!

In my wife's Pacifica we just have ours on the vent like you described and it seems to work okay. Overheating's not a concern since in the hot months we have cool air blowing out of the vent, and in the cold months we mostly use the floor for heat.

In my car, a 2020 Durango, I had to move the phone away from the vent because the phone had trouble picking up my voice commands and voice dictation when air was blowing on it. (Maybe if I used Android Auto it wouldn't be a concern, since it would presumably use the in-car mic instead of the phone mic, but I prefer to have a "dual screen" setup, leaving the center screen for vehicle functions and using my phone for streaming, navigating, communicating etc.)

I ended up fashioning a metal bracket onto the dash of my Durango that I clip the vent-mount onto. Works pretty well. If the Pacifica was my daily driver maybe I'd do something similar.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a suction cup phone holder with an arm that extends out. I mounted it low on the windshield by the drivers side "smokers window" and routed a charging cable with cable clips to that side of the car so I can run Android Auto. Works great and it's pretty much out of the way. I won't use the vent style holders because as someone else mentioned it makes the louvers weak and they eventually break, plus the heat and cold from the vents isn't always the best for the phone.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Neither of those ProClip options would appeal to me. One puts the phone very low and far from the driver, while the other still doesn't put the phone in the line-of-sight while driving, and looks pretty ugly on the dash.

Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Gear shift Steering wheel

Hood Car Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use a Nite Ize Bendable arm. The cubby hole just below controls area (that cubby is pretty useless anyway) was used as a connection point by putting a piece of 2x4 with some wedges to stabilize. There's about 3" of wood sticking out and I attach the clamp to that. The phone is attached to the steel ball. You can reach around the arm well enough to access the buttons and dials for ac/heat/fan and audio controls.

·
Registered
3 Posts
To all,
I have learned in recent years that sticking a plate on the back of my phone and using a magnetic mount is a fantastic way to hold my cell phone in my car.

But the only way I've been able to do that in the Pacifica is with a mount that grabs vent louvers and holds the phone there.
But the phone now blocks the vent, and it gets hot or cold with the air coming from the vent (doesn't seem to be good for it).

Please let me know if you have found a good place or way to stick/mount your cell phone in a Pacifica!

One other clarification: most drivers likely keep the phone out of sight and use the Pacifica's big screen for all of their maps and such, but for various reasons it works better for me to use my phone for that, having the phone somewhere that I can glance at occasionally (just a glance, of course, to stay safe while driving)!
I'm assuming that other drivers have functions on their phones that the Pacifica won't perform, and would like to have their phones in sight.

That's interesting. My 2019 Touring L has a cubicle just below the screen and above the slide out drawer that holds my iPhone just fine and I can use a short 6" charging cable that plugs into the dash beside the cubicle. Didn't know all Paicifica's didn't have that cubicle.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
1,106 Posts
That's interesting. My 2019 Touring L has a cubicle just below the screen and above the slide out drawer that holds my iPhone just fine and I can use a short 6" charging cable that plugs into the dash beside the cubicle. Didn't know all Pacifica's didn't have that cubicle.
The cubby directly to the left of the USB port is too small for my phone it hangs out and can fall out. It does fit in the cubby underneath sideways.
But if your have the Theater Package the Blu-ray player goes there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
To all,
I personally discovered this mount option from my wife who worked in law enforcement because they used it in their government vehicles.
The price maybe a BIG detractor, but I suggest it because it has worked since Oct 27, 2018 when we purchased it from Amazon, and has not broken like other options we tried previously.

RAM Mounts X-Grip Large Phone Mount with RAM Twist-Lock Suction Cup Base RAM-B-166-UN10U with Medium Arm for Vehicle Windshields

This mounts to the windshield in the 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L Plus , and also in my 2021 Forester Premium.
I purchased the Medium Arm model, but if you want it a bit closer to you try the Long Arm model.
It holds it tight and secure, and even on rough roads.
One tip would be that you need to occasionally clean the suction cup with a damp cloth.
This is because no matter how good the suction cup is as it dries out having being mounted on your windshield it will lose grip.
The mount may fall off your windshield at that point. After regular cleaning which also means the windshield it holds tight, and rarely loses grip.

I hope this helps.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Plant
Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire Plant Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Tire
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here's a picture of where i put mine. Stays secure and out of the way and no installation other than a window cleaning needed, routed the wire for Android auto with wire clips. It's a long arm suction cup holder with rollers that hold the phone in. I purchased it at WalMart for $15.

Car Cloud Sky Vehicle Plant

Reactions: sonnyhung

·
Registered
2021 Touring L
44 Posts
I would like to point out that many States now ban ALL cell phone use except hands free calling.
Simply having your phone screen turned on where you can see it can get you fined, that includes GPS Maps.
Too many people read texts, email or watch YouTube, etc.
Some States are trying to ban hands free calling too, or may have already.
In my van if Android Auto won't let you do it through the screen, I don't do it.
I do love how Android Auto is now wireless.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Put your phone in the cup holder or on the tray or in one of the slotted cubbies

1 - 19 of 19 Posts