2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one but didn't find this info in the manual, yet. I am wondering which grade of gas is recommended for Pacifica? Thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just bought one but didn't find this info in the manual, yet. I am wondering which grade of gas is recommended for Pacifica? Thanks.
I haven't read specific recommendations / requirements but I have driven more than 3,000 miles in our's over the past two months and have always selected the regular vs. premium gas at the pump. I have not experienced any knock or performance issues from this choice.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Per the Owner's Manual:

These engines are designed to meet all emissions regulations and provide optimum fuel economy and performance when using high quality unleaded “Regular” gasoline having a posted octane number of 87 as specified by the (R+M)/2 method. The use of higher octane “Premium” gasoline is not required, as it will not provide any benefit over “Regular” gasoline in these engines.​

Additionally, Chrysler recommends the use of Top Tier fuels:

Designated TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline contains a higher level of detergents to further aide in minimizing engine and fuel system deposits. When available, the usage of Top Tier 678 TECHNICAL DATA detergent gasoline is recommended. Visit Home | Top Tier Gas for a list of TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Retailers.​

·
Registered
935 Posts
Here is an additional article about the Chrysler (and other manufacturers) recommended Top Tier fuels.
AAA: Not All Gasoline Created Equal | AAA NewsRoom
Definitely look for those brands. Fortunately we live near a COSTCO, and they are usually the lowest cost Top Tier fuel around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The owners manual also states that you can use E15 on the non flex fuel vans. Just remember, if you use ethanol blended gas your gas mileage will vary.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm a little tea pot short and stout, here is my handle and here is my spout.

this is about as useful as your original post but with less sarcasm and abbreviations of profanity. Have a super day. The moderator. Super moderator that is.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Quote removed because it was lame. All valid points though.

I asked Manuel to read it, and this is what I got...

Not only was your post not helpful, it is not the tone that is typically portrayed on this particular forum. Some people do well with printed material without the eyes glazed over effect - many not so much. This is a place to come and ask questions, find information, and generally connect with fellow members that share a common topic of interest.

You could at least spend 2 extra seconds to spell check your post before lambasting a new forum member...

·
Registered
563 Posts
I asked Manuel to read it, and this is what I got...

Not only was your post not helpful, it is not the tone that is typically portrayed on this particular forum. Some people do well with printed material without the eyes glazed over effect - many not so much. This is a place to come and ask questions, find information, and generally connect with fellow members that share a common topic of interest.

You could at least spend 2 extra seconds to spell check your post before lambasting a new forum member...
Couldn’t agree more. Just as annoying as when people pick apart your post when you’re providing an answer to another user that needs help.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Badge56 has a great point. His response was a bit sarcastic, but hits the nail on head. Okay, maybe you can bash him on his sarcasm, but certainly not the point he's making. People spend time second guessing something very simple without going to the provided source that clearly has the information they need. So they ask a question on a forum, when they could just as easily read the manual. Guess what - the answer(s) are there and NOT HARD to find within a few minutes, probably in less time than it took to get to this forum's website and typing out the question. Also not helpful when one DOES NOT read the manual, then asks questions on a forum, and a participant answers the questions, while also stating they haven't read it either! The first response on this thread was the case, but additional responses were not. Not trying to bash the OP, but did he not come across the information needed from the manual because he hasn't looked yet? This kind of stuff cracks me up. lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
its hard to find top tier fuels around here but we use 87 anyway.

·
Registered
770 Posts
You're fast Jerry....too fast. You snuck his post in before I could edit it. It's a lot more informative now. Original post removed because it was just plain lame. You make good points though.

Between the users manual and the owners manual -- 1000+ pages.

And the fuel requirements are around page 560 of 700 in one and 260 something of 300+ in the other......

I just wanted to know where the rear windshield washer disappeared to........

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Badge56 has a great point. His response was a bit sarcastic, but hits the nail on head. Okay, maybe you can bash him on his sarcasm, but certainly not the point he's making. People spend time second guessing something very simple without going to the provided source that clearly has the information they need. So they ask a question on a forum, when they could just as easily read the manual. Guess what - the answer(s) are there and NOT HARD to find within a few minutes, probably in less time than it took to get to this forum's website and typing out the question. Also not helpful when one DOES NOT read the manual, then asks questions on a forum, and a participant answers the questions, while also stating they haven't read it either! The first response on this thread was the case, but additional responses were not. Not trying to bash the OP, but did he not come across the information needed from the manual because he hasn't looked yet? This kind of stuff cracks me up. lol
Maybe. It is true that the manual contains a bunch of good information. I am probably unusual in that I read all the manuals before I even had the car and then I read some of them again after I brought the car home. Nonetheless, reading the manual apparently isn't as effective for some people as engaging with other people about the issue. Hopefully one of those other people has read the manual and can offer the manual's recommendation to the conversation.

IMO, @Badge56 didn't contribute in a positive way. @srbrubak did, and in doing so @srbrubak also pointed out that the information was in the manual and avoided attacking the OP in the process - an approach that is less likely to contribute to an adversarial environment on this forum. There are many examples of me doing precisely that - I answer a poster's question by quoting the manual and in doing so attempt to show them that is the source of information for other questions they may have.

This should be a place we come to help each other, not demean or denigrate each other. I too will admit to sometimes getting frustrated when someone posts a question that is currently being discussed in another thread or is clearly stated in the manual, but I would suggest to @Badge56 and others if they can't bring themselves to just ignoring those posts, to please try to steer the OP in the right direction without attacking them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Maybe. It is true that the manual contains a bunch of good information. I am probably unusual in that I read all the manuals before I even had the car and then I read some of them again after I brought the car home. Nonetheless, reading the manual apparently isn't as effective for some people as engaging with other people about the issue. Hopefully one of those other people has read the manual and can offer the manual's recommendation to the conversation.

IMO, @Badge56 didn't contribute in a positive way. @srbrubak did, and in doing so @srbrubak also pointed out that the information was in the manual and avoided attacking the OP in the process - an approach that is less likely to contribute to an adversarial environment on this forum. There are many examples of me doing precisely that - I answer a poster's question by quoting the manual and in doing so attempt to show them that is the source of information for other questions they may have.

This should be a place we come to help each other, not demean or denigrate each other. I too will admit to sometimes getting frustrated when someone posts a question that is currently being discussed in another thread or is clearly stated in the manual, but I would suggest to @Badge56 and others if they can't bring themselves to just ignoring those posts, to please try to steer the OP in the right direction without attacking them.
Needlessly well said. Maybe it's the mood I'm in today....

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
grade of gas 87 is enough. quality of gas, i like costco but sometimes use sams club (unsure of quality, assume decent).

·
Registered
293 Posts
give the op a break. he said he couldnt find the info in the manual. either answer a question or silently move on.
Many of us did indeed answer the question posed. Only 1 person did not, and that post has since been removed/humorously replaced. Most of this thread's length (and late resurrection) is mostly about said deleted post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a software developer and as much as I hate to admit it in the past on one more than one occasion I have suggested to customers that they take some time to RTFM. The information may be in the manual but quite often it buried in some obscure section and it can be very frustrating to try to find it.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I am a software developer and as much as I hate to admit it in the past on one more than one occasion I have suggested to customers that they take some time to RTFM. The information may be in the manual but quite often it buried in some obscure section and it can be very frustrating to try to find it.
There have been many times I have tried to find something in the owner's manual using the index or online search tool and was unable to find it. Because I have searched for many things, sometimes using newer editions/revisions of the manual, and now have a feel for how the manual is organized, I can find an answer and post it. Sometimes a topic is split under two sections of the manual. I put the page number in case there is more info available that a person might be interested in. Some vans came with a user guide and not the complete owner's manual. Many people don't usually stop to read a 600+ page manual. I will sometimes work through the manual on a long trip when I am the passenger. Using the forum search tool can also be frustrating at times. I have looked for information that I've read in the past and it is sometimes a challenge to find it again.

So, answer if you want, or just ignore the question.:smile2:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
17 Participants
SciTchr
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing