2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering having the windows in the Pacifica tinted and the windshield included, those of you who have done that, have you noticed a big reduction in heat inside the van?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did it. I first tinted the top, sides and rear. That made a huge difference. A month later I thought “I should spend more money on this questionable car” and did the windshield. Iirc, it was 15%. The same high end ceramic-nano-particle-dihydrogen-monoxide-polysorbate 80 tint I had on all the other windows. It did make a small difference here in Hotlanta over the summer. In retrospect, I’m not sure the cost-benefit was there for me. Would I would do it again? No. At least not on a minivan.

I still can’t believe you double downed on a 2020. Smh.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: AndyT

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
I wouldn't tint the windshield- it compromises the night vision and the film creates subtle distortions. I had my front door windows tinted. The installer recommended a dark tint to match the rest of the van. I think it was 20%- two shades darker than the legal limit. The tint turned out even a touch darker than the rest of the van. The heat protection is amazing, I can hardly feel the sun. The night vision- not so much, especially in bad weather. Should've gone one shade lighter, it would still have great heat rejection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Me either! 217 trouble free miles so far...
Well, I do wish you good luck with that one. Also I just realized I said 15% on the tiny. I meant 85% light transmission. I haven’t had any issues whatsoever with night driving or distortion. I live in the sticks and occasionally find myself driving home after dark and visibility has been perfect.

·
Registered
21 Posts
XPEL Prime XR Plus 20% all around (and over factory tint) and 70% on the entire windshield. 95 degree in Miami, Fl (feels like 105) and I can have both A/C's on 2 and be good. Looking out of the sides can be slightly more difficult, don't even notice the front. They did accidentally put 35% on the windshield, instead of 70, when I tinted it. I kept it for a couple days to see if I would like it. Looked amazing, but that was a pain looking through all the time. I have been tinting my entire windshields for years and only noticed distortion using cheap films. That is why this tint job was $600.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is covered on other tint threads, but I also did the windshield (70%) with a good ceramic. 35% all around. No optics issues. As mentioned here, the gain is the massive reduction of infrared heat. You simply don't feel the sun's heat on your skin which is enjoyable and helps you feel cooler while driving. Worth the money IMO. In fact I went ahead and did another car too. The benefit of the van's tinted windshield is that it's huge which makes a larger impact as it let's in a lot of light & heat normally. On the other hand, if you let the van sit outside and bake in the sun all day, it'll be just about as hot as non-tinted. Tint also helps block UV rays and keep glass together in an accident if you need any other justification

1 - 7 of 7 Posts