2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Ocean Blue w/ Mocha interior, AST, Tri-panoroof, UTheater
139 Posts
Jeez! How many Marylanders are there on this forum?? :p:cool:

You know I had the windshield tinted (and I live in MD), but I had the same 70% put on the driver and passenger side windows as well. With the factory tint compounding the 55% in the back, it all looks like every other factory-fresh Pacifica on the road. Keeping with the stock look was suggested by the shop that did my tint, and it makes sense. Unless I get pulled over for speeding or have some other moving violation, no one is going to get close enough to look at my windshield, and even then, the film goes right up to the edges, so you can't see the gap from outside the car. Why pull out a meter if it looks stock?

·
Registered
2018 TL+ Built April 2018, Dark Cardovan Pearl w/S package, hands free
94 Posts
You are probably too close to DC :) I live near Baltimore and never bothered to install the front tag on my other car. Police here doesn't care.
I bought the front plate and it's on the way but I might just leave it in the van as a one time get out of jail free card. Our other car hasn't had the plate for years and we've only been pulled over for it once. Even when I got a ticket a few months ago he didn't say anything.

Jeez! How many Marylanders are there on this forum?? :p:cool:
More than I would have thought, lol. What tint % did you get on hte front windshield? Does that make it harder to see at night?

·
Registered
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Ocean Blue w/ Mocha interior, AST, Tri-panoroof, UTheater
139 Posts
What tint % did you get on hte front windshield? Does that make it harder to see at night?
The 70% tint w/ Xprel Prime XR+ (the lightest they had at the shop) only makes the windshield 30% darker. The nano-ceramic-whatever in the film isn't darkening it so much as reflecting the IR and UV. That's all I wanted. I've noticed that I don't need to wear my sunglasses as much driving during the day (I have rather photosensitive eyes), but at night I can't see much of a difference at all. I was initially concerned with glare or haloing around oncoming headlights (that's a problem with some older/ cheaper films, apparently), but no problems.

The rear hatch window tint is the most obvious, since the auto-dimming rearview mirror doesn't kick on as quick as before the tinting, and during the day (with polarized sunglasses on) there's an obvious checkerboard rainbow interference effect. The factory rear glass is polarized already to reduce glare.

Reactions: rob.mwpropane

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You are probably too close to DC :) I live near Baltimore and never bothered to install the front tag on my other car. Police here doesn't care.
My Lexus doesnt have a front plate either! He got the tint and said nothing about that. I was on 95 near Laurel.

Does yours have tvs?
Yeah it has the rear seat entertainment.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts