2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this sound right? Second attempt to get the shifter release recall done today. The last time was in September, and I was told then that they needed to know the color of the interior on our Pacifica in order to order the right part, but that they'd call me when it came in. They never called, but since the recall is nonsense anyway I sort of forgot about it. Fast forward to last week and the "CHANGE OIL SOON" warning came on. I figured I'd throw the local dealer a bone for doing the recall work, so I scheduled the appointment and told them explicitly that they never called to have me come back to do the recall in September, and that I wanted to make sure the recall was done while I was there. I was assured that they would have the part to do the recall and it would be done while I waited.

Went today to have the work done, and when I went to check out I asked if the recall had been performed and was told no, that they had to order the part and Chrysler makes them start a repair order before they can order any parts. While I understand the point of doing this when diagnosis is required or there is a question about something being covered under warranty, but this is a NHTSA recall and Chrysler knows it needs to be done, they're the ones who keep reminding me every so often that it hasn't been completed. I worked at Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche dealer not too long ago, and when there was a recall they were able to stock or order parts before seeing the vehicle when it involved a recall, so that the customer wasn't inconvenienced.

Now, assuming they call tomorrow to say the part is in, I have to take time out of my day on Saturday morning to go back to the dealer so they can snap this new cover in and tell Chrysler that the recall is complete.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Does this sound right? Second attempt to get the shifter release recall done today. The last time was in September, and I was told then that they needed to know the color of the interior on our Pacifica in order to order the right part, but that they'd call me when it came in. They never called, but since the recall is nonsense anyway I sort of forgot about it. Fast forward to last week and the "CHANGE OIL SOON" warning came on. I figured I'd throw the local dealer a bone for doing the recall work, so I scheduled the appointment and told them explicitly that they never called to have me come back to do the recall in September, and that I wanted to make sure the recall was done while I was there. I was assured that they would have the part to do the recall and it would be done while I waited.

Went today to have the work done, and when I went to check out I asked if the recall had been performed and was told no, that they had to order the part and Chrysler makes them start a repair order before they can order any parts. While I understand the point of doing this when diagnosis is required or there is a question about something being covered under warranty, but this is a NHTSA recall and Chrysler knows it needs to be done, they're the ones who keep reminding me every so often that it hasn't been completed. I worked at Volkswagen/Audi/Porsche dealer not too long ago, and when there was a recall they were able to stock or order parts before seeing the vehicle when it involved a recall, so that the customer wasn't inconvenienced.

Now, assuming they call tomorrow to say the part is in, I have to take time out of my day on Saturday morning to go back to the dealer so they can snap this new cover in and tell Chrysler that the recall is complete.
I think it may be your dealer. Someone made a mistake telling you that they had the part. Shortly after that recall was originally issued, I took the van in for something else and the dealer must have had a supply of trim parts available so the trim piece recall was done while there. After the initial wave of recall fixes, dealers may not want to keep a supply of parts so they may need to order as needed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the call yesterday. The part is in and I'm going down Saturday morning to have it installed.

If the part were expensive, or if it required verification that the recall was needed, I could see them wanting to see the vehicle before ordering. I understand a small town dealer not wanting to carry parts inventory, but since they knew last September that the recall hadn't been performed, and since their own systems know the recall hadn't been performed on this particular VIN, I don't accept this as an excuse.

It's bleeping annoying.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Got the call yesterday. The part is in and I'm going down Saturday morning to have it installed.

If the part were expensive, or if it required verification that the recall was needed, I could see them wanting to see the vehicle before ordering. I understand a small town dealer not wanting to carry parts inventory, but since they knew last September that the recall hadn't been performed, and since their own systems know the recall hadn't been performed on this particular VIN, I don't accept this as an excuse.

It's bleeping annoying.
The dealership already has your VIN which would give them all the information they would need. Not a high dollar part. Dealership = not so good :frown2:

·
Registered
935 Posts
The dealership already has your VIN which would give them all the information they would need. Not a high dollar part. Dealership = not so good :frown2:
I agree. This is just the dealership blabbering BS to cover up their carelessness. Complain on the service survey.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree. This is just the dealership blabbering BS to cover up their carelessness. Complain on the service survey.

Got the survey yesterday, and I will wait until the piece is replaced Saturday morning before I complete it. Industry-wide the dealer survey model is broken, but I do know the dealers get notified as soon as the survey is submitted and I'm not interesting in having a discussion about the survey while I'm there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the survey yesterday, and I will wait until the piece is replaced Saturday morning before I complete it. Industry-wide the dealer survey model is broken, but I do know the dealers get notified as soon as the survey is submitted and I'm not interesting in having a discussion about the survey while I'm there.

Ran down this morning to finally had the recall performed. Just received a reminder about the survey, but as I suspected the survey is ridiculously long and overly detailed about the wrong things. It is like most - if not all - of the manufacturers use the same company to design these surveys, and they last thing they are is a meaningful measure of a customer experience.

Maybe I'll try again in a couple days, but at this point the easier thing to do is simply vote with my wallet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Jimal
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing