2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you had it to do over, would you still buy the Pacifica?
Absolutely! I have owned one Toyota minivan, two Honda Odyssey minivans and two Chryslers. I waited for the release of the 2018 Honda Odyssey to make a selection this time. While I believe all three vehicles are high quality nice vehicles, I believe the Pacifica currently has the edge in Design and Technology at this time. The Stow N Go Seats are a real advantage in that they make it quick and easy to transition for Cargo but you also always have those seats with you if you need them. The appearance inside and out look cleaner and more refined in this vehicle. Bottom Line, I'm not sure you could go wrong with any of the three, but I know you won't be at all disappointed with a decision that favors the Chrysler Pacifica.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have not sat in the new Honda so in I can not compare the 18 models.

For me stow and go was a must have feature. I needed a car that can fit 5 people, but I also need a truck. With stow and go I have fit full sheets of plywood in my van. I just remodeled my basement and would have had difficulty doing so without the van.

Also when comparing the 17 models the Pacifica had
1. A front latching point for rear facing car seats in the bucket seats, no other van had this.
2. The bucket seats fold forward allowing easy access into the back with car seats in the bucket seats (however I would argue the new Honda mini van does a better job with this.)
3. Two car seat latch points in the back, not all vans had this.
4. The 17 Honda still had the sliding door tracks, really Honda it took until 2018 for you to fix this.
5. The 17 Honda has a smaller front driver seat area, I was not able to push the front seat back far enough to fit (I am 6'5")

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does the 2018 Odyssey have a button on the outside of the sliding door to open it?
This is a great feature in my Pacifica. It's much easier to press the button to close or open the door when your hands are full (e.g. carrying a child) than pulling the handle. It's easy enough that my 3 year old can open the door herself.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Does the 2018 Odyssey have a button on the outside of the sliding door to open it?
This is a great feature in my Pacifica. It's much easier to press the button to close or open the door when your hands are full (e.g. carrying a child) than pulling the handle. It's easy enough that my 3 year old can open the door herself.
No the odyssey does not have the sliding door button.

It does have 2 features that seem to be glaringly omitted from the Pacifica... external alert to let you know if you removed the keys with the car running and also an alert if you attempt to lock the doors and there is still a door open or not fully closed.

Would be nice if Chrysler could add these with software updates.

·
Registered
993 Posts
4. The 17 Honda still had the sliding door tracks, really Honda it took until 2018 for you to fix this.
I agree with all your other points, except 4. This change was a compromise, not a fix. Styling vs. good engineering. The main give away is side window visibility for the 3rd row passengers. The tracks now block more of the view for shorter people and children. Also, the need for a smaller support arm in the higher location, required a larger support in the lower track above the sill.

·
Registered
521 Posts
If you had it to do over, would you still buy the Pacifica?
Yes - STYLE and FEATURES. The Pacifica won me over for these critical factors. 10 months in I am even happier with my decision.
John

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree with all your other points, except 4. This change was a compromise, not a fix. Styling vs. good engineering. The main give away is side window visibility for the 3rd row passengers. The tracks now block more of the view for shorter people and children. Also, the need for a smaller support arm in the higher location, required a larger support in the lower track above the sill.
Visibility is basically the same in the 2018 Odyssey as it was in the 2017 Odyssey.

·
Registered
470 Posts

It does have 2 features that seem to be glaringly omitted from the Pacifica... external alert to let you know if you removed the keys with the car running and also an alert if you attempt to lock the doors and there is still a door open or not fully closed.

Which brings up a point that I haven't tried as yet... Everywhere we go I have to open the tailgate/hatch door to retrieve my wife's walker. I wonder if I push the lock button on her front door after I help her out of the vehicle and then go back and push the close button on the hatch, will the vehicle be locked?

·
Registered
226 Posts

I left my van running (with my husband inside), and it honked three times as I walked away with the key.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I left my van running (with my husband inside), and it honked three times as I walked away with the key.
No. That was your husband honking to remind you to bring candy for him when you come back. :D.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ive already sold my Pacifica and cut my losses. Please see the VEHICLE SHUT OFF WHILE DRIVING thread. This is a major issue that Chrysler has chosen to ignore. Good luck, and I hope everyone on here stays safe.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts