2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds like a dumb question but we were asked the question and realized we didn't know. It seems like the crash avoidance relies on the driver remembering to re-engage passive cruise every time the driver touches the brake lever. Is that correct? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Didn't know the Pacifica's had such a feature as crash avoidance.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I know this sounds like a dumb question but we were asked the question and realized we didn't know. It seems like the crash avoidance relies on the driver remembering to re-engage passive cruise every time the driver touches the brake lever. Is that correct? Thanks.
Not sure, but wondering if you’re refer to the Adaptive Cruise Control? There is no doubt that it is disengaged Once you touch the brake. I fully expect the “Brake, Brake, Brake“ warning is unrelated to the Adaptive Cruise Control being on or off and thus would still occur.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, wisejd. We are 'hoping' that it would still occur but have no idea what it entails. Do you have to be going above a certain speed, etc.? I hope it is there and was hoping someone knew the details. Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not sure what you’re talking about here. Are you regarding both cruise control and the collision warning system?

·
Registered
519 Posts
it works even if adaptive not engaged.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:it works even if adaptive not engaged. Unquote. Are you saying that if I drive toward a wall or other stationary object at 15 mph, with the cruise off, the car will warn me and stop? At any speed it will do that? Of course I wouldn't intentionally do that but if I became incapacitated in traffic, heart attack, etc., the van would stop before hitting the car in front of me? Thanks.

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
Quote:it works even if adaptive not engaged. Unquote. Are you saying that if I drive toward a wall or other stationary object at 15 mph, with the cruise off, the car will warn me and stop? At any speed it will do that? Of course I wouldn't intentionally do that but if I became incapacitated in traffic, heart attack, etc., the van would stop before hitting the car in front of me? Thanks.
The answer to that question is yes, it will. The FCW/FCI and Adaptive Cruise are packaged together but they are different features.

·
Registered
743 Posts
The answer to that question is yes, it will. The FCW/FCI and Adaptive Cruise are packaged together but they are different features.
The correct answer is maybe. These systems do not brake to complete stop 100% of the time. There are limitations to the FCW/FCI system. Read the notes and warnings in the owner's manual about "forward collision warning with mitigation."

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
The correct answer is maybe. These systems do not brake to complete stop 100% of the time. There are limitations to the FCW/FCI system. Read the notes and warnings in the owner's manual about "forward collision warning with mitigation."
Of course there are limitations, but the system will operate whether or not cruise is on.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
1,486 Posts
Hopefully if the FCW system kicks in and starts braking, the driver will also react to hammer the brakes for the full stop, hopefully before impact. At least the vehicle speed is reduced to help lessen any damage/injury from any impact.

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
Hopefully if the FCW system kicks in and starts braking, the driver will also react to hammer the brakes for the full stop, hopefully before impact. At least the vehicle speed is reduced to help lessen any damage/injury from any impact.
The warning chime is so overwhelming it would be hard not to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I'm fully aware that the ACC and FCW systems operate independently of each other, but does the FCW system detect anything other than a vehicle in front of you? I know if you back up, the car will stop you and yell at you before you actually hit anything, but is it the same for the front? Or is it like I asked earlier and only cars?

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
So I'm fully aware that the ACC and FCW systems operate independently of each other, but does the FCW system detect anything other than a vehicle in front of you? I know if you back up, the car will stop you and yell at you before you actually hit anything, but is it the same for the front? Or is it like I asked earlier and only cars?

Thanks!
It will react to anything in your path, whether its a car or not, but it may not bring you all the way to a stop on its own.

Reactions: Dradien

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
Pedestrian automatic braking was new for 2021. The OP has a 2018 and the last question asked was by a member with a 2019.

Reactions: Sugar1Pacifica!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I appreciate all the responses and great info. Thank you. It's nice to know it's there, both front and back, if needed. Hopefully, it never will be, of course.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts