2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would 265 / 60 R 18 fit? My factory are 235 / 60 R 18s. I'm just looking for winter tires and rims used and find 235 / 60 R 18 is hard around hear. Cheers

·
Registered
244 Posts
Winter logic is the narrower tire the better the winter carving in snow it is . I personally wouldn’t put a 265 tire for snow , just my 2 cents .

·
Registered
935 Posts
Would 265 / 60 R 18 fit? My factory are 235 / 60 R 18s. I'm just looking for winter tires and rims used and find 235 / 60 R 18 is hard around hear. Cheers
Those are probably larger diameter. That is not a good idea. When a car mfg offers a larger wheel option, they spec lower profile to keep the diameter the same. This would affect speed readings as well as programmed shift points.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Speedo would be off by about 1to 4 mph up to 90 mph, instead of rotating at 693 rpm you’d be only doing 661 rpm on tire revolutions . Good luck whatever you decide .

·
Registered
106 Posts
The 265s are 30mm wider than the 235s you're running. That's more than an inch wider, which I'd be more concerned about than the extra 18mm or so in diameter that you'd be getting. I'd worry about them fitting on your wheels, and if you got wheels with them I'd worry about those wheels fitting on your van.

It's a little early in the year to be worrying about snow tire availability, because the tire stores aren't stocking them yet. Call around in October or so, and get the right size.

·
Registered
187 Posts
We have 255 R50 19 on for summer, which retains a fairly normal overall height so speedo isn't compromised. Definitely get narrower tires for snow as mentioned above. Wider for summer...

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can use a tire upsizing/downsizing calculator like this one: https://tiresize.com/calculator/
A 265/55R18 would be almost Identical to yours in diameter (29.1" vs 29.5") so the speedo wouldn't be off much.

If what you care about is speedo/odo you want the diameter (circumference) to be as close as possible so every revolution of the tire moves just as far forward as the car is programmed to thinks it moved.
The difference in circumference is about 1.3% in this case (265/55R18) so for every 100 miles, you will see 101.3 miles on the odo and the speedometer will read 101.3 at 100.

·
Registered
244 Posts
A thought to remember when deciding on tires and rims . The oem rims are lighter and more durable than aftermarket rims . The suspension components for your vehicle are rated for oem rims/ tires , extra weight and bigger tires equate to more rolling mass and longer distance to stop and premature wear . Just a little something to thing about before just going out and purchasing with no info .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
CANADAHYBRIDGUY
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing